1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?'s - shorting stock & new recoil pad 1100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by roger8918, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger8918

roger8918 Member

My 14 year old saved up his grass cutting money and bought an 1100. The stock was to big so we tried a youth field model but he had trouble keeping his head down so I found a Monte Carlo off of a 870 but we need to get it down to about 13 ½” LOP. I was planning to cut it down and put a new pad on it but I need some advice before I butcher the stock.

How should I cut the stock? I was thinking about using my band saw but I guess I would need to build some sort of jig. Any suggestions?

I can’t seem to find a stock recoil pad with the small footprint (4-3/8” x 1-9/16”) that I would need. Has anyone sanded one down? If so how did you do it, how did it turn out, and what brand/model did you use?

Thanks for any and all help, all suggestions humbly excepted.

Roger

2. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Roger,

I had a similar problem and my boyfriend took the stock to Gander Mountain. There they shortened the stock and put on a Pachmeyer recoil pad for about $55 (plus the pad, about $80 total) was totally worth it and I have the piece he removed in case the stock needs to be restored. If you live near a Gander, they did a really good job.

3. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

There is a shortened 1100 stock with Kickeze pad for sale on the WWW.ShootPITA/Classified web at this time. Might save you some time and money. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.