1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

S.S. Direct Deposit ????????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by avery53, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avery53

avery53 Member

((((When you save your enrollment information your IP address will be captured.

The Government may monitor and audit the usage of this system. All persons are hereby notified that the use of this system constitutes consent to such monitoring and auditing.))))

I was going to sign up for Direct Deposit for my Social Security check, but this is posted on the Gov't site.
    A lot of smart guys here, what do you think of this? They have access to all your banking information after you sign up?
    This reeks of Big Brother.

What 'cha think?

avery

2. 682LINY

682LINY Member

is not part of bamy care the rite of gov to take any fee they want derict from your account,, this is there way to get access to them

3. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

No sweat. Think of the future, Mark of the Beast, and all that.

4. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Better get used to it! Direct deposit will very soon be your only option.

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

This will make it more convenient for the Social Security Administration to reclaim your SS payment, should you die just days before your payment. They also like it better if you take a dirt nap before you're old enough to begin receiving your payments. ;-)

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Had DD for 10 years, much prefer it to a check in the mailbox.

I never gave any info other than which bank account it had to go to.

Go to the local office to sign up, and tell them you have no internet.

HM

7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

If you're worried about the feds having your IP address just sign up using somebody else computer, perhaps a public computer at a library.

8. 870

870 Well-Known Member

What exactly are you worried about? Your IP address, that doesn't seem to be much of a concern is it? Your bank info, of course they need that to deposit your check. Are you concerned they can make withdrawals, well tell me, does the process even authorize them to make withdrawals? All they are doing is setting up an ACH transaction, it doesn't give them access to get into your bank account to snoop around.

Note that your banking a/c numbers are going to be available to the gov't for many things eventually, including income taxes. That doesn't mean they have access to your accounts to say, cruise around looking at who you do business with etc. Anyone you send a check to has all the same bank info about you.

9. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Effective May 1, 2011, applicants filing for Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefit payments must choose either direct deposit or the Direct Express® debit card.

Currently entitled beneficiaries and recipients receiving payment by check will have until March 1, 2013 to switch to direct deposit or the Direct Express® debit card.

10. avery53

avery53 Member

Sorry, just not a Big Government fan. Don't need Obamys boys snooping around my accounts.

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I don't think being able to deposit will give much access to your bank records beyond what the govt already has...

12. warren

warren Member

I've been using it for over ten years and no problem so far it sure is nice just to have that appear in your account every month.

warren

13. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

870 has it right! Anytime you write a paper check and give it to someone they can immediately know your account number at the bank that the check is drawn on! Also, most that use paper checks the checks are imprinted with the address of the account owner--thus that information is available as well.

I have used Direct Deposit for my Social Security for over 10 years now with absolutely no problems.

I also use my bank's "on-line" banking and I have the capabilities of checking my account daily and should any problems be noted I am aware of them immediately--don't have to wait for the post office to deliver my statments, etc.

Allen

14. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

you are to paranoid. This aint the 19th century anymore?. Hell I change computors so often it makes no diff/LOL Been on DD SS for 4 years - only way to go

15. avery53

avery53 Member

(((This aint the 19th century anymore?.)))

Yeah, I admit I'm a dinosaur. lol
    He!!, I don't even own a cellphone.

Thanks for the input, I'll sign up now.

16. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

I've used DD on my SS for 16 years, never a problem, always in the bank on or before the 3rd of the month. If the 3rd is on a week-end or holiday they pay early. When I signed up I don't think they required any info they didn't already have or could get if they(the government)wanted or needed it! They have your SS#, they got it when you got the card and that's probably all they need to get your life history! If 'big brother' wants to spend his time checking whatever on me, I say who cares!

17. APrice

APrice Well-Known Member

You can also have your SS benefit deposited directly with your favorite charity if you so choose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.