1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?'s on 525 Sporting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by D'ohboy, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D'ohboy

D'ohboy Member

Hello,all. I have the opportunity to purchase a used 525 Sporting. It has 30" ported barrels,straight stock. Stock has a few "moderate" dings in it,some wear by the palm swell, and the forearm looks clean. Trigger guard has what I would consider normal wear. Receiver must have been exposed to moisture and has some surface rust on the outside. Action seems to be tight. I guess maybe 85% over all. Not sure if owner has all Midas tubes for it,as he gave me only 2 w/ the gun. Have not shot it yet, but.... could anyone give a price range to offer if I like it?I know I can pick up a new one for $2329,so I guess that give me a starting point. Thanks for any help,Dan

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

im quessing the light rust is from storage in case. at 85% the 525 sporting came out in 2002 grade III/IV then a grade I in 2005. that makes this gun not very old and at 85% well used or not very well taken care of. I call browning and give them the serial# on guns I plan on buying. The will tell you what it is and what it was shipped with. Blue book has it 90% 1000.00.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

is this it.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

another tid bit. I did a lot of looking for a O/U. to much really.

5. D'ohboy

D'ohboy Member

Mac,thanks for the info. Any significant advantage/disadvantage for 30" or 32" for sporting clays/5-stand,ect.? Dan

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

go with what you like. I prefer 30" At five stand and sporting I see a huge variety of guns, more so than trap. good luck. If you are intrested in that gun and have a good browning guy near by , get it checked out.

7. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I have a 525 30" as my main skeet gun that has Briley sub-gauge tubes. The 525 barrels are lighter than other Citoris and the gun is an awesome skeet gun.

Take some Flitz to the metal and don't worry about the beauty marks on the wood :-0)

I also have some Midas and Briley Spectrum chokes for sale that will fit that gun. low8X2@yahoo.com

8. D'ohboy

D'ohboy Member

Thanks, guys. I called Browning and they dated the gun as a '02 by the letters MY. Is there a standard letter to number code that gun makers use? I asked the guy @ Browning and he rattled off a shizload of letters to numbers in about 3 seconds. I guess I was interrupting his lunch or something. Duckman, I’ll let you know if I need those chokes. Dan

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Im surprised he even rambled off anything. The link above will give you what you want.

10. D'ohboy

D'ohboy Member

Mac,thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.