1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?'s about recoil reducers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SirMissalott, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I am developing some mild to discomforting pain in my neck. I believe from many things i.e. too much computer time, many hours of driving, many rounds of trap shooting, and of course too many birthdays LOL. (Basically I'm becoming a wose) at any rate I shoot a BT with a Counter Coil which helps tremendously and I'm wondering if installing a Mercury Reducer in conjunction with the counter coil would help, hurt or be a waste of time. i have an 1100 but I prefer the BT any help would be appreciated. Jim W.

2. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

7/8 or 1 oz loads will help as much as anything!! raising your rib and comb 3/8"-1/2" will bring your head position up which will help with the neck being cramped-- i'll bet you are crowding the stock to get "down" on it!!!??? thus recoil is felt more?

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I had the same problem and had to take some muscle relaxing meds. I am 68 yrs old.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. stingray44130

stingray44130 Member

Stock loc no recoil problem solved Dawson enterprizes 330-833-0014 Denny

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

The total weight added by a recoil reducer will decrease recoil. In theory, the moving weight inside the reducer will lengthen the recoil force curve, but probably not enough to notice.

By far, your best solution would be to do a Map Quest search for the fountain Ponce De Leon discovered in Florida. Provide me with driving directions and I will stop by on my way to the Southern Grand. I will get a sample for both of us.

Pat Ireland

6. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Pat,
    I have been looking for said Fountain that Senior De Leon supposedly discovered to no avail. BUT as soon as I find it you'll be the first. Thanks to all!!

7. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I am tending to think the same way about raising the rib and comb height. I shoot a Bt as well and I huncker down hard to get the bird.

Jerry

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

SirMissalott,

I love the sign-on name, as I can miss with the best of them. Lol.

Antime you add weight, recoil will be reduced. Whether it is noticeable to you, I can't say. I take it your gunfit is good.

I can say 100% that reduced payload shells really cut down on fatigue. 1180-1200fps 1 oz shells are really a joy to shoot and break targets just fine.

Another try is shoot a gun with a PFS and see how you get a long with it. I know they can be a little on the exspensive side to purchase, but I know a couple of shooters that wouldn't be able to continue shooting without one.

BTW, if you and Pat find that fountain, please PM me with directions. I promise not to tell a soul.

ss

9. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

That fountain is only about one mile from my house. I would be willing to bottle the water and send it out for $10 a pop. Let me know.(LOL) I tried it and now no one can tell the difference between my son and myself. Marc

10. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

All this talk about the fountain of youth has me wondering. If we drink from it do we have to relive the last 30 years? I think I suffered enough already.

Rick in Mt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.