1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan "The Rocket"

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by silverado, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverado

silverado TS Member

As much as I try to like NASCAR, I am really glad Ryan Newman told them and a national television audience just what this race today morfed into. No touchie, no foulie. Maybe they can have a rule that if you touch another car you're out, kind of like tag. I bet the winged sprint boys had a real laugh today.

2. A23B

A23B TS Member

Ryan

The only thing I liked about todays race(joke) was Ryan tell NASCAR that it was a very bad choice on their part.

3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Ryan

Outlaw World Finals start this Thursday, Lowe's Dirt Track.

BTW, disappointing end to todays race, glad for Mcmurray, but anticlimatic ending for sure.

4. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Ryan

A LOT of empty seats there today. NASCAR just keeps shooting itself in the foot. There were times today when there was NO racing just follow the leader, sad how it has changed for the worse in the past ten years.

5. o3dave

o3dave TS Member

Ryan

Kinda goes along with the world we live in. I miss the OLD nascar. I miss the OLD country music as well.

It was just a little more interesting than watching golf today.

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ryan

I watched the ast 50 laps or so. And thought it interesting. Easy to diss Nascar over the boring parts, but the safety items put into place dictate the pace and style of the race. Personally, I did not agree with the Newman conclusion. Asking the racers to not bump draft in the turns is a reasonable compromise. He may very well have been saying that if he and Tony hooked up throut the race that they would have a good chance to win. But Nascar took that "TEAM" advantage away and he was pissed. In his minds-eye, he envisioned he and Tony nose-to-tail and putting distance on the field. And that would be possible with cars cooperating. But racers are racers and each one wants someone else to help them so they can win.

I am a Newman fan, but his comment was born of his aching body and not his mental skills.

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Ryan

Speaking of NAPCAR and winged sprint cars, here's one of their current stars beside his 410 sprint car ride for the 2000 opening day race at Pennsylvania's Williams Grove Speedway.

[​IMG]

Ed

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Ryan

NASCAR is just trying to be politically correct,,,,if they keep this up, they will dry up,,,,racing IS dangerous, you can reduce the danger, but if you eliminate it, it is NOT racing....

9. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Ryan

I have just about quit keeping track of Nascar as it is no longer a STOCK car venue, just about as interesting as watching a freight train go by while your stuck at a R.R. crossing. also was never a B. France fan anyway, i think the sport has suffered considerably due to him, the best thing he has done is in the safety area where he does deserve much credit otherwise let the manufactures duke it out as this is where a lot of our improvements (safety & performance, etc.) come from. if you want to sell cars ( or any other product) build a better one than your competitor and everybody gets the benefit.

10. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Ryan

NASCAR continues to change rules from race to race & etc. For example, the race at Talledaga used a smaller restrictor plate yesterday than they did on the spring race. Plus they advise the drivers at the drivers meeting just before the race about the bump draft rule change for this race. No advance notice. This crap happens all the time. It is just becoming boring & I am a long time fan. There are empty seats at almost all races & TV viewership is dropping too. Colonel

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Ryan

Only thing missing yesterday was Jeannie Zelasko to do the interview. Newman was his usual self. Luckiest person on earth, but nothing to do but complain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.