1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RXP Wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HDKING, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDKING

HDKING TS Member

Just got a bunch of rxp12 wads and trying to find a recipe using aa or sts hulls w209 primer and international clays, could not find anything on hodgdons site, Thanks

2. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

Awesome wad hope you find the info you are looking for. I use 21 gr green dot in a rem Nitro hull and win 209 primer.

3. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

HDKING - I think you are going to find it difficult to find any published recipes at all for your combination of components. I went back to a Lyman 2nd edition reloading book to find any loads with an RXP wad, and it was published in 1976, well before International Clays came out. It has been so long since I even saw any RXPs, I can't remember anything about loading them. I think your best bet would be to phone Hodgdon, and ask them if they have any data available. The number I have for product questions and availability is 913-362-9455.

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

What velocity are you looking for?

5. HDKING

HDKING TS Member

I was looking for a 12oo load, if i need to get different powder thats not a problem ,a friend of mine had 7000 of the wads and gave them too me and i hate just to throw them away

6. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

You can use Winchester Super target(WST). 18.5 grains(1145fps), and I beleive 19.0 grain delivers 1200 fps. Check Winchesters loading manual, if you decide to use Winchster powder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.