1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RXP wad for AA & STS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Calkidd, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Ok, grntitan in his wonderful generosity sent me a few RXP 12 wads. I looked up the recipe for AA/STS with WIN209 and Green Dot. What I found was one recipe for the STS (nitro, gun clubs) but 4 for the AA hull. Now from what I have seen just about most recipes that call for both the STS and AA hulls are basically the same measurement of powder.

What I am asking, can I just use the same measurements that are called for in the AA hull for the STS hull?

Is there that much of a design difference that the recipes will drastically change pressures and velocities?

Bryan

2. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I don't load the 2 pc. AAs so can't help you there, but in the CF AAs-- STS--Premiers etc. that RXP wad was the one I used most when I was still shooting 1&1\8 (down to 7\8 now) it patterned the best in my guns & seemed more consistent, the load data back then was very similar, don't know about current data. Check with Alliant to be safe. They are an excellent wad IMO. I now use the TGT for my 7\8 loads & get very good results. Ross Puls

3. Calkidd

Thanks for the input Ross and I have checked with alliant. The "two piece" AKA HS AA have the same loading data as the CF style. I think I will be able to get away loading STS with the same recipes as the STS.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Bryan--I think what he means by checking with Alliant is actually calling or emailing them with your question. They will respond with the correct answer. I wouldn't think it would be a drastic pressure increase but better safe than sorry. Alliant will answer your question. Just because they don't list it, doesn't mean it won't work safely but its worth checking to be safe.

5. Calkidd

Gotcha, will do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.