1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rx Shooting Glasses ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike G, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike G

Mike G Member

Have a quick question for those of you shooting with prescription eye ware - if you have bifocals for everyday use o you have your shooting lenses done up as bifocals too or are they set up just for distance? I just recently had to graduate to no-line bifocals and will need to update my prescription shooting lenses so i was curious best route to go.Thanks.

Mike

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I just use my distance Rx, and not the bifocal.

3. SteveT

SteveT Member

I wear tri-focals when not shooting. I have just single rx lenses made and then use the stick on bi-focals so I can see to play cards and also see the score board between events. I am far sighted.
    Steve Taylor

4. Mike G

Mike G Member

Steve; not familiar with the stick on bi-focal?

5. CMT605

CMT605 TS Member

It might not be for everyone but I have progressive bifocals and I use the same prescription in my shooting lenses. It helped me a lot.

Mike

6. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

Only distance in my lenses; have two lenes with bifocals, just could not get use to them while shooting...

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I have a fairly strong prescription but I prefer to have shooting lenses without the bifocal lens. I can take my glasses off to see up close if I'm away from my vehicle or put my street glasses on otherwise. Wasn't worth the extra expense for a seldom-used convenience.

MK

8. smokestack

smokestack Member

Only distance in my lenses.

Paul

9. SteveT

SteveT Member

claydstr:
    I ordered them off the internet. $20 for a pair. Since I only shoot with one eye open I usually just order one shooting lens in each color when my RX changes. I can peel the stick-on off the lens and reuse it. Saves quit a bit and there seems to be less distortion as I can put the bi-focal as low on the lens as I want it.
    Steve Taylor

10. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

Progressive Bi-focals (no line) for everday wear, single vision (distance) for my shooting glasses.

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

My eye glass prescription is a compromise to avoid bi-focals. My contacts are for distance, so I have to wear "cheaters". I shoot with distance only contacts through plano lenses... trying answer from a slightly different perspective.

Jay

12. Mike G

Mike G Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.