1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rx Shooting Glasses

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by VietVet, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VietVet

VietVet TS Member

I will be getting a new eyeglass prescription this week (after cataract surgery a while back) and was wondering what the general consensus is regarding the best shooting glasses,i.e., Ranger or Decot.

I am looking for (obviously) eye protection and good customer service. Cost is almost a secondary issue.

I would really appreciate your opinions.

John

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

John: You can't go wrong with either one. Also, Post 4 is another choice that has a great product and good service. I have a pair of Decots and a pair of Post 4. I like them both equally well. I just got a new prescription. I called Decot with my new prescription and had my new lenses in 5 days! Just be sure when you get your eye examination; have them include the PD. (Pupillary Distance). You will be asked that when you call in your order. Good Luck. Ed

http://www.post4optics.com/

3. seitz245

seitz245 TS Member

Hello John, My name is Dave Shaeffer, I am a Post 4 optics dealer. If you are interested in our product please feel free to contact me and i will help you with any question you have.

Thank you
    Dave Shaeffer

410-858-3809

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It also helps to get the optical center of the lens raised 3MM above the center of the lens. HMB

5. zeroed4x

zeroed4x TS Member

If you can find an eye Dr, who will let you bring your shotgun in and strike a shooting pose as you would while tracking a target to the break point, he can then find the optical center for your lenses. He can adjust the frames, the lenses and the optical center so that you have the clearest site picture possible.
    I've done it before and it was extremely effective. I'll be doing this again soon, my prescription needs tweaking.

6. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Look at "Clear Target Optics.Com" call and talk to Steve, he is a shooter and knows what is good..

7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

In my opinion, if you are a seious shooter & change your perscription every 18-24 months, consider Ranger sporters--the perscription lense is the base lens while your colors clip on to the frame. I gave away 12 very expensive bifocal perscription lenses after I had Lasik. Guess what? Lasik,promotes cross firing, learned this at a clinic last weekend. I've used Rangers & Post4, both are good. Service with Mike @POst 4 is great as well with Wayne @ Morgan Optical.

Phil Berkowitz

8. VietVet

VietVet TS Member

Thanks for all the help.

All I gotta do now is get the Rx and buy the bloody things!

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.