1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RX shooting glasses systems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wireguy, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Who are the different makers of shooting glasses that use a single RX insert?

2. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Sun Buster

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Is anyone using one of these systems? My eyes have recently taken a major turn for the worse. I don't want to pay for a bunch of seperate lenses that will have a limited life. I would like to hear the thoughts of anyone who is using one of these systems that use a seperate RX insert.

4. rogertc

rogertc Member

Morgan Optical has a system by Randolph Engineering where you buy one pair of Randolph glasses and use Randolph clip-ons over them. I have it and it works well.

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I have been happy with NYX glasses with a prescription insert. I've had them for 6 years, and replaced the insert once. They are very comfortable for me and lightweight. The glasses and insert are pretty close to your eye which negates the need to have them ride high on your face. I have eight different lenses which only cost about $18 apiece, and three frames which cost about the same.
    This is basically the same system as the Sunbuster and some of the others. The inserts are made by Sved Optics in Temecula, Calif. Very good to deal with. The inserts with a bifocal cost $170.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.