1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RX glasses to replace post 4

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gotbass, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gotbass

gotbass Member

Another year older and eyes are worse. I now have Post 4 glasses, but would like to get something lighter weight, replaceable lens would be best so that color can be changed, Your experience and suggestions please. Thanks. Mike

2. thrillr89

thrillr89 Member

I would suggest going to Decot. Great service, if you have a heavy script Decots might work out to be a bit lighter. Post 4 has larger lenses that might work out to be heavier. I do not really notice enough difference between frame weights alone. Dave

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I have been happy with NYX glasses with a prescription insert. They are very comfortable for me and lightweight. The glasses and insert are pretty close to your eye which negates the need to have them ride high on your face. They are good all around sun glasses. I have eight different lenses which only cost about $18 apiece, and three frames which cost about the same. I wore Decots for years and have only the hightest praise for their product and service, but I like the NYX better.

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I have been using Post 4 for years. However; this year I called Morgan Optical & odered a set of their Ranger Sporter style---The base glasses are where my prescription is on & color lenses clip on-- I decided to try out the Ranger system for the following reasons: 1) I change glasses every 12-18 months 2) Ranger CMT are very good in bright sun @ 3) the clear base lense works real good in dim cloudy back grounds

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.