1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RV spot for next years Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by high 2, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. high 2

high 2 Member

Who do I need to contact for a RV slot for next years Grand? Or are they booked up already? I`ve got to go next year. Larry

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Yes if anyone knows I would like to know also.
    Don

3. jdomas

jdomas Member

Contact the WSRC.

4. markc2

markc2 Member

Don't waste your time trying to contact Nicky. I tried this by email and by phone prior to this year's Grand, and never got a response. I went to the check in house and talked to Troy at the end of the Grand. He informed me that the ATA may be taking over the camping at next year's Grand, so IDNR may not even be involved. He advised us to stay tuned and keep checking all the websites for further instructions. I hope the ATA will do a better job communicating. Mark

5. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

I am thinking that the full service sites are at the end of their lease period.

Does anyone have any valid information.

I think the initual lease agreement was for 5 years.

anybody know?

ed.

6. RLC323

RLC323 Member

We should probably put more blame on the state of Illinois financial problems than Nicky. Apparently with the state laying off many employees due to budget cuts, the person who is in charge of the DNR camping is doing the work of four employees that are now gone.

Personally, I would not be interested in a pre-paid five year lease with the state of Illinois, considering the way their upper management makes decisions. Maybe a year at a time like electric-only is currently.

7. markc2

markc2 Member

With all due respect to the state of Illinios and their financial problems, it takes about one minute to at least respond to an email. I emailed Nicky every day at least once (sometimes twice) right up until the Friday before the Grand. I also called her (naturally I got her voice mail). I BEGGED for a response so I would be able to make my plans to bring the camper. I never did get a response and ended up staying 15-20 miles away in another campground. If I condusted my business in this manner, I would be bankrupt. Add to that that there were many campsites unoccupied, and the IDNR lost a considerable amount of money on unused sites. It's no wonder they are having financial issues.

8. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Yeah, that system sucked. When I checked in at the campground the woman in the trailer made a point of saying she was not Nicky Christian.

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I am one who opted for the 10 year lease, now that the ATA lease will be extended I will try and extend mine as well. The wife and I hate the trip up and back but have had a great time every time we go . Jake

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Just because there were empty spots doesn't mean that they were not all rented out. There are people who have leased those spots that don't show up. WSRC cannot just let people take those spots, since they never know if the current lessee is planning on showing up for just a day or two.

I'm not defending anyone, just stating a fact.

11. markc2

markc2 Member

After speaking with Troy at check in, there were MANY unoccupied spaces that were not reserved. Nicky dropped the ball on this one and it costed the state of Illinios a lot of green.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.