1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RV Parks in Texas

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by arrow, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arrow

arrow Member

Jan 29, 1998
    The wife and I are coming to Texas in January.
    We are bringing our 5th wheel trailer and are looking for recommendations
    for trailer parks around San Antonio or up around the hill country to start with.

A gun club not to far away would be a good thing.
    Bryan Pierce
  2. Tim Lee

Tim Lee Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Bryan -

For the San Antonio area, I'd check with the Winklemanns at Bexar Shooting range. They are east of San Antonio a couple miles off I-10. They have a weekly Registered Trap program (sometimes twice weekly, depending on the time of year), and will occasionally allow a shooter to park an RV onsite, depending on shoot/club activities (a couple 30amp electrical hookups only).

Their info is here:

Also, the National Shooting Complex (corporate home of NSSA/NSCA) has numerous RV spots with water and 50amp hookups (dump station on site). However I'm not sure of their availability when an event is not taking place. During the 4H and State ATA meets they charged $100 a week for an RV spot. They are on the West side of San Antonio (near Helotes), very close to Sea World. Their link is:

3. txnlegacy

txnlegacy TS Member

Jan 29, 1998

Check out the Hill Country! Kerrville has some great RV Parks, go to our website, www.hillcountryshootingsports.com and click on the lodging link. Our range offers a full slate of shooting opportunities. We are also just 60 miles from San Antonio, and about 100 miles from Austin -- just a great central location. Hope to see you out there!

Deb Barney
  4. smartass

smartass TS Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Alamo Fiesta in Boerne is nice and not too expensive. It's actually closer to Fiesta Texas than most of the parks in SA.

Blazing Star is very new, fancy, and nice. Not cheap, but worth it.

Admiralty RV Resort is close to Sea Word is is very nice- compares to Blazing Star.

I've stayed at all of these and liked them all.
  5. elitekolar12

elitekolar12 TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    The National Shooting Complex does not allow camping except for shoots held there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.