1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RV awning replacement????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ntgr8, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Is replacing the vinyl fabric on a 8x16 RV awning a do it yourself job? All of the hardware is good but the fabric is rotting away. I would like to get it replaced, if I can't do it who can? Any suggestions??

2. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

No idea, but there is a "HOW TO" article in the current issue of the Good Sams magazine, aka Camping World… Grubby

3. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Have it done at your local RV dealer. You can only save about $75/$100 by doing it yourself. That spring is a real bugger and putting the fabric in the roof slot ain't a picnic either.

Jim R

4. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

I would agree with Jim R. Had one blow out on my old motorhome on the Interstate about 60 miles west of Oklahoma City. Do not let the dealer talk you into a complete new awning installation. The "technician" doing the work used an air wrench and cracked all 4 attach point in my side wall. My insurance covered the awning also.

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

After considerable pondering, we decided to go without the awning. The winds in Kansas and at the Grand pretty much assure us that we will lose our replacement awning as well. Much cheaper to go without or to use an independent canopy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rv awning fabric rotting

rv forums awning replacement