1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RUTH'S CHRIS STEAK HOUSE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by byteme, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byteme

byteme TS Member

I have to agree. The wife and I went to Ruth's Chris by Disneland and had a crappy meal. The manager bent over backwards to make it right. We had a redo on him at the Pasadena store and they did everthing but simonize the car. That's taking care of business. Food is great, agree on the Martis. Bill

2. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

The problem that I have is that my wife won't let me go on dates any more.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

There are way too many mom and pop diners out there where you can eat awesome food for 2 for $15-20 so why pay 90

4. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

7.5 or 8???

5. C1

C1 Member

The Ruth Cris in Kansas City served me and my wife the two worst steaks we have ever had. I'm not fussy but these were way over the top on lack of taste and tenderness. I know I should have complained but the waiter was so stuffy I didn't want the hastle. Never ever again.

The best steaks are cooked on my patio.

Gary Riecke

6. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Cattlemen's! Pretty good feed for two...about 50 bucks.

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I've been to Ruth's many, many times and never a problem. Awsome food, 5 star service. Even the Outback can't touch their steaks. Dave T.

8. C1

C1 Member

Jerry:

I usually start about an hour after your arrival (we need a few drinks first). Dress is always, always, casual but no shorts. I serve grilled whole mushrooms with steak, and my wife bakes french bread that rivals the best in Europe, you really don't need anything else. You put the salt and pepper on yourself. BTW the steak is always corn fed Nebraska beef, it's fork tender and tastes like dead cow.

If your ever in Nebraska give me a holler.

Gary

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

C1 where in Nebraska? My wifes brother and his family live in Omaha I get there once in awhile and am always looking for a good steak. Not all that long ago I ordered a burger in Omaha asked that it be cooked medium rare wiater said sorry medium is the least cooked it can be served state wide; is that still the case? In Chicago we have a place in the western burbs Tom's Steak House great steaks not over priced fantastic. Just have to hope your not there if someone is there thast going to be hit! Hey listen you can't live forever

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

I agree...waaayyy overpriced. My wife and I used to go there once a year on our anniversary, but eventually wised up and realized the joke was on us. We found a closer local place that serves ten times the steak Ruth's ever dreamed of for half the price.

However...if you're going, RC's stewed tomatoes are not to be missed.

11. sootballs

sootballs Member

Last time we ate there the final bill was $260.00 for the 2 of us. We only had 2 drinks with our meal. Very good food, but I won't be going back.

12. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I bought some fillets from The Butcher Block at the grand this year and they were awesome. Cooked over HOT charcoal with a bit of Montreal Steak seasoning along with a baked potatoe and a fresh garden salad ... the best meal in Sparta. You could cut them with a regular knive with ease!

I brought home a few steaks and some of their homemade brats' too. Sounds like Fridays dinner to me!

Bob
    schultz

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The best steak I've ever eaten, has been one I grilled. The second best is Ruth's Crist, Scottsdale, Az.

14. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Bob, Is the Butcher Block a truck that comes around through the complex? National chain?

15. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

Best, Capital Grille in center city Philadelphia, if not any Phila. cheesesteak

16. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Been there done that, want go back, food was average at best, just not worth the money. I do not care for broiled steaks.

Shawn Hannady can have my portions.

17. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I'll admit the price was high but....that price keeps the folowing out of my dining experience:

Idiots who dress in shabby cloths to eat out
    Boors who wear hats indoors
    Loud, ill-mannered children
    Smelly homeless bums
    Teenagers with loud,rude friends
    Loud, ill-mannered adults
    Foreigners who shout in non-English at each other across the room

All of the above are part of the typical L.A. dining experience and I for one, can do without them.

18. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

If you ever shoot at Kingsberg, Ca...be sure to try the 32 oz Porterhouse steak at Cattlemans!

None better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.