1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rusty Tacoma>>>>>>>

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RogerNRA, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Thanks to who ever gave a heads up on the Tacoma Rust problem. My Son had got a letter and his wife had thrown it away. He took it to the dealer and yesterday they gave him a check for $9200. The funny part is his brother had given him the truck rather than trade it in on a new Toyota.......Brotherly love. LOL....Roger

2. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

So? Is he or did he share it with his brother? If he didn't that says alot for brotherly love......

3. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

hoggy, praise the Lord the love these brothers have for one another is based on more than dollars and cents and neither have to worry about $9000..........Roger

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was about red-headed cowboys

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And GM pickup owners only got a coupon.

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I guess since it took a model rocket motor for the Chevy to catch fire they should have done more. I live right here in central Indiana in the same county where the trucks were bought out of the junk yards for that piece of Shxx journalism. They couldn't get the truck to catch fire on there own, so they had to add a little heat and open flames to get the trucks to catch fire. I believe it cost the news agency a few jobs and a retraction or two if my memory is clear.

If you want to drive a roman candle, try a Crown Vic or Pinto.

ec90t

7. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Hook , line and SINKER. Sorry could not resist.

8. Brian in Oregon

Well, then defend the problem of GM truck engines with piston slap. GM says it's "normal", unless there are piston skirt bits in the oil pan. Yeah, now that's real quality.

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I got the brush off from GM on a new ( 1997) pickup and will never own another GM.

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

cuban',

Did you get the brush off from GM or the dealership? There is a service bulletin covering said issues.

I guess I have the only good GM truck ever made. My '96 1/2 ton 4x4 'burb has 200,000 miles on it and still runs great. No the engine hasn't been rebuilt and neither has the tranny. I get 20MPG on the highway with 4 people and a backend full of shooting gear. Maybe I'll call the Smithsonion, because according to you folks, I have an abnormality.

ec90t

11. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

What service issues do you know of for 97 GMC Pickups? I have one and would like to know. Thanks, Bill

12. Brian in Oregon

The problem isn't that GM doesn't make a good product. It's that GM won't stand behind their product when the inevitable bad one gets through. Every manufacturer turns out a lemon now and then (some more than others). It's how the factory and dealer respond to their customers that got that lemon that really makes the difference. I don't have disposable income that will allow me to buy a vehicle, and then if I don't like it, go casually trade it in. I buy vehicles and run them for a decade or more. So it's important to me how they last, how long the warranty is, and if the manufacturer and dealer are going to stand behind them.

13. Boo-Berry

Boo-Berry TS Member

my dads engine in his 97 silverado didn't give way until around 295,000 miles and my 17 year old camaro still runs just as strong as the day it was new. and if you want to talk real GM quality i have a 69 1 TON in my back yard that will carry the front end for about 50ft even if it only pulled the front end up 6in. but i will give toyota this they are extremly dependable. i had a toyota pick up that i never did get stuck but i just like my vehicals to plant my back in the seat when i step on the throtle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.