1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RUSSIAN NAVY CAPTURES SOMALIAN PIRATES

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by big joe, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big joe

big joe Member

This videotape shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. The Euro Union navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared there could be casualties.

All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded pirate says something in English. All conversations between the commandos are in Russian. If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.

The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the pirate ship for weapons and explosives, and then they left the ship and exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.

The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hung.

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Nothing on Snoopes.com about this.....yet.

BUT there is an interesting hoax about a trip along the Somalia coast on a Russian cruise ship where you get to shoot pirates. Rooms, luxury meals, and night vision equipment included. Guns rental and ammo extra, but some really neat guns.

Check the link above. Sounds neat....but alas, it's a hoax.

3. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Regardless if its true or false, I wish it were true as thats the best way to deal with pirates. Sends a great message.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

I think we should put the Russians in charge of handling those weenie animal-loving anti-Whaling crusaders.

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I hope the Russians did take a stand against the pirates. When you commit international crime, your should be convicted by the people you intended to harm. In the USA, some Somoli jerk tried to blow of a bomb at a Community Christmas Tree ceremony on the west coast. I think we need to make an example out of every one of those foreign criminals who hate us and only come to the USA to make trouble. How about a public hanging, televised on network TV, and posted on youtube.com so others know we love our country more than we love being politically correct?

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Why can't we skin em before we hang em?

7. Loyac

Loyac Member

Hmmm... I wonder if the next Somali dung heap will be apprehensive about taking over a Russian ship? Good job tovarich!

8. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Hope it's for real.....Russia definitely gets my vote on this one!

AndyH :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.