1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Russia vs America in the mid-east

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by birdogs, Sep 14, 2013.

1. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Americans are now concerned about Russia "taking over" the middle east. I say, "Hooray! Let them do it!".

Here are my reasons:
    Russia does not want terrorists any more than we do. They have an entire province, Chechnya infested with them. Russia wants the oil and natural gas of the middle east. Let them have that too. All of this plays into America's best interests and I'll tell you how.

If Russia takes over middle east oil and gas, America will be forced to drill for our own. This will make us energy independent and allow us to withdraw from the middle east. It will save us the $billions which we now spend on foreign oil. It will re-direct Islamic radicals towards Russia as the foreign infidels. The Russians will be more brutal that we could ever be in repressing the radicals BUT that will only be of passing interest to America which will be largely uninvolved except for a rooting interest.

Further, America will stick to her knitting and not be involved in every brush fire conflict in the middle east and North Africa. I only wish that someone, Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Ted Cruz or the like would make this point. However, generations of Americans have grown up with the assumption that we MUST be involved in every issue in the world. To think otherwise makes you an isolationist. I disagree.

American politicians have appointed the U.S. the policeman to the world. This has been a totally misguided policy. We have spent too much of our blood and treasure sticking our nose where it doesn't belong. Let's return to being the world's super economy and making and exporting American-made goods to the rest of the world. Let Russia take on the role of keeping "Pax Romana".while we stop sending billions of dollars for oil to the people who hate us.

ps What I advocate (above) seems to me a lot of what China is doing. In the long run, China not Russia will be our main competitor.

2. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Birdog well said. I agree 100%. George Washington said the same thing to congress over 200 years ago. Only in different words. Problem is most people don't .no the wisdom of the forfathers of past. Billion

3. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

But, if we do that, US politicians won't get anymore 3rd party or under the table foriegn campaign donations because they will not have any more "influence"!

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I'd bet the scenario you are painting is what is going to happen.

6. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Birgdogs, I agree with you 100% . Foreign oil has always been a reason for countries to fight for even though it` isn`t there property . We have enough oil on American soil to last for a life time and probably too does the Russians. I think the major countries will work this Saudie Oil to depletion which could take many years then go with the South American Oil until that is depleted while saving our own for the final hold down on who has the last oil reserves in the world . Look in the air every night and day and see all the planes that need jet fuel, the navy and air force plus the way the US is consuming oil and gas every day on the highways and then think of a way we will carry on in this country without it ?? We are gluttens when it comes to eating fuel and we are still growing and will need much more every year . Yes we will fight and protect to get more as other countries will too but how much blood will it finaly cost us !!!

7. darr

darr Well-Known Member

There are 2 things the USA should be concerned with in regards to the middle east. The free flow of oil to our shores and the defense of our only true ally Israel.

Let them kill each other. Kill anybody that attacks our oil or Israel. That is it. Cut and dry.

Darr

8. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Israel is a true democracy run by bad ass Hebrews that take care of business. They are the source of much intelligence we use to forward our goals. And if we need a base of operations in the middle east given a shtf situation they would welcome us. They are not a monarchy or dictatorship ran by some blood thirsty tyrant or insane Muslim.

That is why Israel is our strongest ally in the region.

Darr

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Our Air force is cut back by 1/3, and now Zippy the Pinhead wants to rattle sabers.

I don't know if I should tell my grandkids to learn Russian or Mandarin Chinese.

HM

10. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I have no illusions about the Isrealis. They are who they say they are. They don't hit anybody that doesn't have it coming. We have our interests also. That doesn't mean we can't and don't assist each other. As I said in a shtf situation there isn't a better ally in that neck of the woods.

Darr

11. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I have found it most interesting that the formerly biggest backers of Israel, the liberal media like the NY Times, have now abandoned the cause. It used to be that Israel could do nothing wrong. Now they can't do anythingn right! WHY? What has changed?

One of the most important aspects of Israel's status is that they have clearly stated that, if the existence of Israel were threatened, they would destroy the world rather than let that happen. And, Israel has the means to make that happen. On the other hand, that may be exactly what the crazies in Iran would like. However, not all Iranians are crazy and they would likely overthrow the Ayatollah rather that allow that to happen.

Getting back to the point of this thread, I believe that Russia has very similar goals as we have. This is a competition in which I would be happy to finish second. Having previously done all that the Russians will have to do to win, we know the cost in blood, treasure and domestic tranquility. Let them now experience the same. Let the middle-east drain them dry. Let's use the Arabs, Persians et al as surrogates of our foreign policy.

12. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Looking at Petroleum Oil and Natural Gas only as fuels is too simplistic. Petroleum products are used to produce synthetic fibers such as nylon, orlon, and dacron, and other polymers such as polystyrene, polyethylene and synthetic rubber. They also serve as raw materials in the production of refrigerants, aerosols, antifreeze, detergents, dyes, adhesives, alcohols, explosives, weed killers, insecticides, and insect repellents. The H2 given off when alkanes are converted to alkenes or when cycloalkanes are converted to aromatic hydrocarbons can be used to produce a number of inorganic petrochemicals, such as ammonia, ammonium nitrate, and nitric acid. As a result, most fertilizers as well as other agricultural chemicals are also petrochemicals. Coal products are similar.

Don T

13. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I am aware that Petroleum has other uses besides fuel. Does only middle-east oil have these uses? Doesn't US oil have the same potential? THAT is the point of this thread - that we replace middle east oil with domestically produced oil and let the Russians deal with the Arab and Persian crazies. Then out obnly interest in the region would be Israel and the Christian minorities, the latter of which we share with the Russians.