1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Russia sending war ships to Cuba

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

--
    This looks good. How will Obama handle this. Bulge

http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=5775

Russia is sending a group of warships to Cuba in its latest defiant naval move around US waters
    DEBKAfile Special Report

December 15, 2008, 11:05 PM (GMT+02:00)

Admiral Chabanenko
    Russia is sending a group of warships to Cuba in its latest defiant naval move around US waters.

The warships will visit Havana on December 19-23, the Russian navy said. This will be the first visit to Cuba by Russian warships since the Soviet era. The visit will be led by the destroyer Admiral Chabanenko. Recently the ship took part in joint manoeuvres with Venezuela and became the first Russian vessel to navigate the Panama Canal since World War II.

Russia's Admiral Levchenko missile destroyer and a support ship will begin a visit to Lisbon on Friday 19.12, a Russian Navy spokesman added on Monday.

The Udaloy-class destroyer is part of a task force from Russia's Northern Fleet led by the Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier, which is currently on its way to the Mediterranean.

Following the visit, the task force will pass through the Strait of Gibraltar, visit several ports in the Mediterranean, and participate in joint drills with Russia's Black Sea Fleet.

2. englishupland

englishupland Member

I have "heard" Russia is going toward a "combo" military effort with Ven. Chavez....Ven is Russias largest importer of arms, and Russia is a new heavy hitter in the oil exports....Chavez hates Bush, says he doesn't hate Americans though...but....Russia has some issues with US and Georgia and anti missle compounds....And eveyone know our relationship with Cuba....I don't think it's a cold war again, but this needs to be watched and critiqued for sure. Got me a bit concerned.

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Their nuke subs have lurked in those waters for years.

A destroyer? woo-hoo

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Thats where Boris gets the cheapest price to have the bottoms scraped and painted with a free windshield squeegee

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Too funny!

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when the Russian vodka and the local rum kick in. Those two macho cultures should mix like oil and water.

6. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

They must be out of cigars again. Dam Ruskys.

Seriously the Venezuela thing is just like supporting Iran, China and the short crazy Korean. It is a thumb in our eye for the missile bases. If any thing happens it will be chaves and we will react the same way Russia did in the confrontation in Georgia. It was a small country slapping a larger power and expecting big brother to help, we just sit there and told them they deserved it. Russia will do the same thing with chaves.

The CIA and KGB boys are out there playing with the little puppets again.

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Bulge, Having ben to Russia their fleet is in ruins I'm suprized anything floats much less is powered. I don't think the Obama mister had sa lot to fear the great red threat is China

8. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

dontrys, Cuba has vast amounts of crude around their shores. They will be online selling crude in a few months.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The last Depression was terminated with WW2.

Watch out for drum beating. Our so called leaders have strings attached. I don't know who holds the stick but war makes mighty profits.

HM

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

GOOD! Another burgeoning player in the crude market...all of them pumping and looking for a place to sell when the whole world is a down-market...we might keep sub-$50 a barrel crude for a few years...what we need is some damned refineries!!...aka JOBS!

11. Toddy

Toddy Member

Being as unbias as I can...

I'm Canadian and when it was announced that Bush was looking into establishing a missile base in Poland I was thinking of how this will sit with Russia and how they would encounter that move......

If this all goes sour then the middle east war will look like a cake walk....

Lets hope that common sense prevails..

Reg. Todd

12. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

All those petro dollars the last ten years have deluded the Russians into thinking they were part of the 21st Century.

Now that the bottom's fallen out of the oil market, and the Russian stock market has melted down, they're completely screwed.

Putin's trying to distract the locals by seeming to be militarily relevant. Cuba and Venezuela? Cuba can't feed itself and Venezuela's even more screwed then Russia over the drop in oil prices. Lot's of luck Vlad.

Jim

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

China doesn't have a hand in this?

Russia probably has more in military assets than y'all think.

14. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Much posturing and testing of the WIMPY METROSEXUAL COMMANDER IN CHIEF and his claque of left wing millionaire elites will ensue....

Obama's urban, wimpy-weasely-lawyeresque-community organizer-pacifist persona only EMBOLDENS our enemies....

As predicted by the intelligence community, get ready for a major nuclear or biological terrorist attack in the next few years......the "irony" is that it will probably come to a large metropolitan area in a BLUE STATE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

is russia sending ships to cuba