1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Russell Bell from Alabama passed.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrubbyJack, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Russell Bell, 81, of Sheffield, died peacefully Feb. 21, 2012. He was a tool and die maker with Ford Motor Co., from which he retired. He served in the Army Air Corps during the Korean War. His most enjoyable pastime, however, was being a member of Amateur Trap Shooting Association for 50 years.

He was a charter member of the Muscle Shoals Skeet and Trap Club, where he served as president as well as holding other offices for many years. He also served as Alabama delegate to the ATA. Russell was most proud of his reward for attendance at the National Trap Shooting Grand event for 45 consecutive years.

2. THALL

THALL Member

I always enjoyed the few times I was around him. Tim Hall

3. mag410

mag410 Active Member

I am sorry to here. Russell was nice guy and a interesting character. If you looked down line and he was shooting it was easy to pick him out. He had the either the most pronounced upward follow through or the worst upward-flinch I ever saw.

Michael Goines

4. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

So Sorry to hear this! He was a good man and fine gentleman! My wife and I enjoyed his company. Prayers go out to his family. Rest in peace Mr.Russ!

5. JWS

JWS Member

I am deeply saddened to hear of Russell Bell passing on into another world on February 21st. We had many great memories on the trap ranges across the country as well as here at the Top of the Rock Club.

Russell will be missed but I know he is not suffering any longer.

James Stewart-Shotmaker

6. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

He will be missed. Prayers go out to his family. Jeff Ryals

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.