1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RUSH in ATL Tonight

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

For the third time in 4 years I went to see RUSH on their current Clockwork Angel Tour at the Atlanta Verizon Center (yes it was chilly). This band has to be the three most talented musicians ever on one stage. I am amazed at thier musicianship and especially Neal Peart the Drummer who has the largest drum kit ever put together!

blade819

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Absolutely!!!!!!! It amazed me how that much sound could be produced by three guys. Peart is the best drummer ever. Hands down. The incredible speed, and half beats at will. Simply amazing! "Yes" is another band that could be classified in this category of incredible musicians. Although there where many more of them on stage. In their prime these bands seen live, where so incredible. I imagine they still are now.
    stlflyn_2010_0704306.jpg

3. blade819

Theur new album is outstanding! Also they are the leading vote getters for induction (after 36 years) to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in a few months.

blade819

4. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

Live music is always the best. Especially the older rock and rollers. Have seen these guys a few times, although not lately. They really are good live. Alot of bands from the 70's are out on the road these days. I saw some really good shows this year. Bob Seger, Van Halen, Moody Blues, Aerosmith, Jimmy Buffet,Rod Stewart, Stevie Nicks, Bruce Springsteen and Roger Waters (pink Floyd)......that pink floyd show was awesome.....one of the very best that I have seen.

5. blade819

Seeing the WHO tomorrow night. They will play Quadraphenia.

blade819

6. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Duh, thought you meant Rush Dumbo. I wouldn't throw him a rope if he was drowning, much less pay to hear him speak.

7. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

They are an incredible band! Still my favorite. I have seen them 7 times in concert with the first being in 1977 for their Farewell to Kings tour and I believe that their last that I seen was their Permanent Waves Tour. I would love to see them again but ticket prices are a lot higher than the $20 tickets back in 1977. I could afford them then but not now. I think their best music was the 2112 to Hemispheres era but all is good. I still have all my ticket stubs, concert books and even a red vinal Hemisphere's album.

8. blade819

I saw them at the all time best concert venue ever, Red Rocks outside Denver on their Time Machine tour.

blade819

9. blade819

It's tuff being 65 and still a ROCKER !

blade819

10. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

I have read great reviews on that show. Enjoy it man!! I saw them the first time they were doing their "last tour ever".....i think it was the early 80's??? something like that. Saw them at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse......terrible terrible acoustics in that place, dont ever go to a concert there. The Who were great..........the dome is made for sports not concerts. Its all concrete, the sound just echoes every where........Enjoy the show man!!

11. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Saw them do time machine at 'The Gorge'
    tinman88_2008_0303118.jpg

12. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

be amazed....

http://youtu.be/U7DFsBcVMDA

13. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U7DFsBcVMDA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

La Villa Strangiato ... One of my favorite jams.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/78D00dYOBrM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jerbear

14. blade819

They say La Villa is one of their hardest "live" songs. I believe it was recorded in 4 pieces.

blade819

15. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

LaVilla & camera eye! Great stuff!! The video presentation was so well developed, It really added to the experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.