1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rural Sportsmen's.............Shout Out To........

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Spanky, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Rural Sportsmen

I must give credit out to Rural Sportsmen's of Trexlerstown, PA. I shot there for the first time today and had a great time. This is one nice place to shoot. Nice grounds, pads, walkways, targets, clubhouse and MOST OF ALL THE PEOPLE there. One heck of a nice batch of guys. Bernie, Clem and Charlie do a great job keeping the traps going.......I know that there are other trapshooters that make an impact at that club but, I don't know them by name yet. I shot (5) rounds of 16 yd. Shot better than I thought I was going because of a short layoff from target shooting. I think I shot as well as I did because Clem is a good puller and score keeper.

They shoot skeet @ Rural also. This is something I've wanted to do for years. Really don't know why I havn't gotten involved with it. Well there's a first time for everything and it didn't take much convincing from them, for me to give it a shot. Ralph (Mr. Skeet) gave me a somewhat private lesson while giving a round of skeet a try. Somewhat got a feel for the course. It was alot to digest in the short time. It's easy for me to blame my poor shooting on the use of my trap gun but, this is a whole different ball game. An REAL eye opener to say the least. I'm commited to learn and only get better at this game up at Rural. I'd seen plenty of good skeet shooters there. I'd like to thank Ralph, Ron, Andy and Bill for their advise and help. Hope to shoot with them again soon.

What can I say. If your ever around Trexlertown or feel the need to shoot somewhere different. Stop in, you'll like it.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I was there too. Unfortunately Clem is the worst puller I've ever seen-he can't see (I know I couldn't have missed that one target he claims I lost) nor can he hit a bull in the behind with a baseball bat when he tries to shoot.

Other than that, everything was wonderful and hats off to the Rural gang!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.