1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rumblings of 'lynchings' over Trayvon verdict

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Jul 5, 2013.

1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

More than a year ago, noted Republican commentator Pat Buchanan warned that the Trayvon Martin case, in which neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman is on trial for murder, could go badly.

“The public mind has been so poisoned that an acquittal of George Zimmerman could ignite a reaction similar to that, 20 years ago, when the Simi Valley jury acquitted the LAPD cops in the Rodney King beating case,” he warned.

Ads by GooglePuritan's Pride Vitamins
    Buy 1 Get 2 Free Plus Free Shipping!
    www.Puritan.com(2 people spied on you)
    Free tool that shows you who's spying on you!
    www.SafeMonitorApp.comIt seems he may have been right.

WND reported earlier in the week that police in Sanford, Fla., where the trial is being held, already were going door-to-door, apparently trying to circumvent any violent reaction to the jury verdict when it comes down.

But a number of bloggers and watchers say there are not-so-subtle rumblings of real violence developing.

On the Mr. Conservative blog, Twitter threats were reproduced in abundance.

“If Zimmerman don’t go to jail ill kill him for $20,” said one.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/rumblings-of-lynchings-over-trayvon-verdict/#JYSxGzGpwL8v4CU6.99

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Maybe if he gets convicted all the Hispanics and whites ought to riot, but they would at lease use enough brains not to burn down their own houses and businesses

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Let em riot. Get em all together and reach for the flamethrowers. Set their butts afire along with the buildings they just torched. Good riddance.

GneJ

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Hippie, if that happened think what a surplus we would have in the welfare fund. Bulge.

5. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Might find out if whites are really fed up enough with reverse discrimination to finally fight back. No doubt Obama will send troops in record time for this one.

Robert

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Travon went to store to by skiddles and a soda was staked by Zimmerman. I feel so sorry for his parents can't even go for a soda and skittles. The negative comments about welfare setting fire to their butts makes me sick and ashamed for your ignorance what if it was your son?? Hate is not Gods way or the way of educated rational people. Stop and think how much your child's life is worth

7. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

One Eye it's obvious you have not been watching any of the live feed from the trial. All America, except the jury, now knows Mr. Martin had a level of THC in his system, you know that stuff causes the munchies don't you. Of the witnesses I had time to watch all verified the story Zman told. The Judge does did not have the moxy to grant the Defense motion to acquit. We as citizens should pay very close attention to how this trial is being handled. The "Republic" has been replaced with democratic rule, same as mob rule. It is a shame. Jake

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It all boils down to the law ( the right to defend as the state of Florida wrote it) It is called Stand Your Ground. I dont care what color they are, thats the law and he was within it when he shot the attacker. Even if he was stalking, Trayvon had no right to assault him.

9. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

One eye. Well said.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Old One Eye, quote: <i>"Travon went to store to by skiddles and a soda was staked by Zimmerman. I feel so sorry for his parents can't even go for a soda and skittles. The negative comments about welfare setting fire to their butts makes me sick and ashamed for your ignorance what if it was your son?? Hate is not Gods way or the way of educated rational people. Stop and think how much your child's life is worth"</i>

Notice how he conveniently left out the part about Martin attacking Zimmerman and beating him, smashing the back of his head into the sidewalk to the point where Zimmerman, fearing for his life, shot Martin.

brianinoregon_2008_0303322.jpg

brianinoregon_2008_0303323.jpg

It is total dishonesty to ignore the above injuries to Zimmerman and try to make it appear he killed Martin for simply buying candy and a soda.

The important point of all this is: MARTIN DID THE ABOVE TO ZIMMERMAN.

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Many of you seem to have already concluded that the verdict will be Not Guilty. Florida is far and away the kookiest state in the nation and the only thing more unpredictable than a jury of Floridians is a jury of Floridians who are all women.

Whatever comes of this, it should be interesting.

-Gary

12. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I've tried cases with 6 women as jurors. In my experience, they work harder than men at reaching the right verdict.

However, to be completely honest (which, of course, as a lawyer is hard to do) these juries always found the Defendant guilty so, perhaps, I am a bit biased towards all female juries.

Gary:
    I do disagree with Florida being suggested as the kookiest state. A few dangling chads does not a kook make.

Bob

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Just ice tea and skittles. Uh-huh, fer sure.

Bob Falfa

14. trappypappy

trappypappy Member

I had never heard of “lean” or "Drank" before yesterday, but apparently it is a concoction made from certain prescription cough syrups and a beverage medium, often made more palatable with candy. One of the recipes for “lean” calls for using Arizona Iced Tea Co.watermelon fruit juice cocktail as the beverage of choice, and Skittles candy… the items found on Trayvon Martin’s body the night he was shot by George Zimmerman.

15. avery53

avery53 Member

Watching parts of the trial, I think the judge is doing her best to get ZMN convicted. JMHFO

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

OJ walked for fear of violence. Why is this different?

the pukes have given the country away.

for the record, If T was pounding on me I would also have shot him.

The 5 year old picture is inaccurate, you need this one.

[​IMG]

HM

17. Avatar

For now, I'm going to have faith in the jury system, even in Florida. Now that the prosecution has rested, it seems clear that most if not all of the physical evidence supports Zimmerman's account of what happened:

--neighbor saw someone on top of lighter-skinned guy who was wearing red
    --Zimmerman's nose was swollen and bloody
    --the back of Zimmerman's head was gashed and bloody.

As far as I know, there was no evidence presented of Zimmerman shooting before he was physically beaten.

Leaving aside what actually happened that night, which we'll never know for sure since apparently there was no video recording of the altercation, I don't see how any rational jury member can fail to find "reasonable doubt" that Zimmerman committed murder.

The judge really ought to grant the motion for a directed verdict, given that a rational jury cannot vote guilty on the evidence presented by the prosecution. But, I can see the politics in waiting to give the jury the opportunity to do the right thing, after the defense has put on its case. Of course, if the jury then does find him guilty, it would be necessary for the judge to set aside the verdict--if there's a mechanism for doing that in Florida.

18. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

I challenge any one of you to get jumped by a suspicious man screaming and swearing at you, wearing a hoodie, knocked down and have your head punched so hard that it is repeatedly striking the pavement.
    Think that YOU wouldn't use deadly force to stop it?
    Please speak up, I want to hear from you.
    dju

19. Brian in Oregon

I dunno if Zimmerman will walk or not.

If the system worked the way it should, he never should have been charged.

Any of you remember the old Tom Hanks movie "Bonfire of the Vanities"? Rent and watch it. Different scenario, but the political wrangling is similar.

20. Brian in Oregon

davidjayuden. quote: <i>"I challenge any one of you to get jumped by a suspicious man screaming and swearing at you, wearing a hoodie, knocked down and have your head punched so hard that it is repeatedly striking the pavement. Think that YOU wouldn't use deadly force to stop it? Please speak up, I want to hear from you. dju"</i>

I'm partially disabled, and have three fused vertebrae in my neck that could be broken easily by a thug beating my head into the pavement. What do you think is going to happen?