Trapshooters Forum banner

Rules Question

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Ed Y 
#1 ·
Lately I've attended a few shoots at different clubs where I had the option of either shooting registered or non registered targets, with all participants shooting for the same prizes. My question is, are yardage awards to be given based on the total number of participants or just the number that shot in registered squads? I do remember once, years ago, when a small club ran a completely non registered handicap event and someone broke 100 straight a week before the Grand. The state delegate called him into the classification office in Vandalia and awarded him a punch.

Ed Yanchok

#3 ·
This section is for the ATA "Big 50" program. It is the only place, other than Registered League, where any non registered target shooters may squad with and shoot with registered target shooters.

PROGRAM:

• Only available Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, this program is intended
as a supplement to regularly scheduled shoots
• Shooters must declare their intent to register targets before shooting
• Clubs will throw 50 target events (singles, doubles or handicap)
• No more than three fifty target events per day, no more than one of any
one discipline
• ATA daily fees are reduced to $1.50 per registered shooter
• State fees may be waived
• Targets will be ATA registered
• Non-ATA members must first join ATA in order to get their targets registered
• Similar to the registered league program, registered and non-registered
shooters may shoot at the same time and on the same squad
• Minimum of three shooters per discipline
• All other rules apply to “Big 50” events
• For purposes of applying the earned yardage table only registered shooters
will be counted. If yardage is earned under the table only the high
score among registered shooters will earn yardage, regardless of any
non-registered score. A score of 50X50 will earn at least ½ yard regardless
of the number of shooters.

The punch for shooting 100 in non-registered sounds strange, but might be a rigorous application of the "Known Ability" rule. If those clubs are not running straight, advertized, Big 50 Events there may be a violation occuring. Otherwise the last 'bullet point' in the program above is the guideline. Please clarify the details.

Don T

#6 ·
I thought that the rule said that registered and non registered shooters couldn't shoot on the same squad. At some clubs, not all members are ATA members so they don't shoot with the ATA shooters but when a club championship occurs, all club members are eligible to participate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.