1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rules question?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dbls_champ, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbls_champ

dbls_champ TS Member

The ATA states that a grand slam is 200x200 singles, 100x100 doubles, and 100x100 from the 27. It also states that those scores have to be shot in events of that length. Well here is the question, if you shoot a singles marathon that is 500 targets and you run 200 straight, any combination, does that go towards your grand slam?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

No. HMB

3. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Well yes and no, not sure about the singles answer. However I know a person who got their grand slam with the first 100 in a Two hundred bird doubles event. The ATA's stance......there is no such thing as a Two hundred bird doubles event, it is treated as a 100 bird sub-event. It seems to me what is good for the goose is good for the gander. WHY NOT??? Its registered you run two of those 100's back to back it should count............

GS

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

A typical 500 bird singles marathon consists of 5 - 100 bird events and are not "events of 200 bird length." Now if the 500 bird marathon was designed to be 2 - 200 bird events and a single 100 bird event say for warm up, then I'd support that it was, in fact, a leg of the Grand Slam if a shooter ran one of the 200 bird events. Breakemall?...Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.