1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rules question Minimum targets?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Still getting unclear answers. Ok last year I starting shooting ATA. Was told I needed XXX amount of targets as not to be penalized at the state shoot. OK now Im shooting my 2nd year. Do I need to shoot minimum targets requirement again? Can last years targets and this years events count in classification at state/zone shoots? I will only make it to 3 maybe 4 shoots before the states, Which will not give me the required targets if it is year to year.

2. Dave90T

Dave90T TS Member

Depends on the shoot. The information should be in the program of the shoot you plan to attend. It will say xxx targets in the current target year, or xxx targets in the past x target years. If its the second, you only need have that many targets total up to the past number of years indicated.

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Each State Association can establish their own rules for target minimums and penalty yardage and classification. The State Shoots that I go to all allow current year and prior year for target minimums. This is especially relevant in target year 2009 which starts November 1st instead of September 1st. Try to find a copy of last years State Shoot Program as it will spell out exactly what is required for target minimums.

4. locdoc

locdoc Member

Mac,

In all 6 New England state shoots you will be classified on this years and the previous years targets. This is also true at the 'Labor Day' shoot held at Royalston, MA.

In some, if not all, of the major shoots, ie: zone shoots, etc. the classifying may be on this and the previous TWO years. That is probably due to the higher target minimum requirements.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Doug, where are you going to be first this year, Im needing supply!!!

6. locdoc

locdoc Member

Usually the first shoot of the "warm season" is at Royalston in mid to late April. 4/20/08 this year. That is probably the first one that I'll get to.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.