1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rules question for the day????????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim101, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

A subjunior female is classified and signs up to shoot a singles event as a lady shooter. She was put on squad 2. Immediatly after finishing the event She signs up as a subjunior for the same event. She was squaded and shoots the same event again. Is this illegal? If so what rules were violated and what should happen to the scores she shot. No trophys or prize money is a factor.

Jim

2. 870

870 Well-Known Member

She can't shoot twice in the same event. Normally you would be competing as a subjunior and as a lady shooter all at the same time. You don't "sign-up" as a lady shooter or a subjunior. You simply declare what categories apply to you and you are in them. You can't go back after the fact and say you are entitled to shoot again in another category, all that has to be declared at classification.

If you are serious that this happened at a registered shoot, I am very surprised. If it was up to me, I would simply throw out the second score. Her first score counts for both categories.

3. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

I don't think this is a matter of declaring a category, Lit, But an attempt to enter the event twice. I would see that as an attempt to cheat, and would DQ the shooter, no refunds, and report the attempt to the ATA in a written complaint

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The event was 100 singles targets. She shot 200 targets. She is in the wrong. Shoot management let her sign up twice. Were they asleep at the wheel? They are also at fault. The first 100 targets count, the second 100 targets don't. I'm using common sense, I don't have a rule book handy. HMB

5. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

A subjunior who is a female gets classified as a subjunior lady shooter. What you suggest should not happen as they are classified as both and are elegible in both categories.

6. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

To clarify a point, She did not declare any special categories the first time.

It was a 100 bird singles event.

Yes, Believe it or not, This actually happened.

No, I don't know what happened after it was brought to the management's attention.

Jim

7. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

My 2003 rulebook states that "All Ladies,Juniors, Sub-Juniors, .... must declare their special category at the time of their entry in any registered event." They will not be allowed to declare ..after the firing their first shot.

So is there a rule that states that ALL contestants must enter before an event starts, as Lit implies with his abbreviated statement?

The first 100 was shot with no special category no rule broke here. 2nd 100 should be disqualified.

8. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Up one time for the night guys!!!!!!!!

Jim

9. Harold

Harold TS Member

I don't see why everybody is getting so bent out of shape. What is unethical about it? It seems no different to me than entering two different shoots in the same day, or different days. She paid for the targets, why can't she shoot them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.