1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Porter, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Please define: It is post 5 turn to shoot and he and post 1 shoot at the same time and the target breaks (2 1/4 oz of #8 will really break a target!). We knew it was a problem but were not sure what the rule stated. I suppose that everyone would have to shoot it over. We did and everyone broke the following target in turn as though it never happened.

What say you?

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

One thing I have learned over the years. Most trap shooters think they know the rules but few actually do.

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

You did right.

4. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I agree with you guys. Agreed, it's a no target, but my intrepretation is that the target is not scored, and the shooter on position 5 calls for and shoots (at) the target again, and it is scored. Then the shooter on position one resumes the correct order. I think you guys are saying that everyone on the squad must shoot over.

best...mike

5. BD457

BD457 Member

I agree with Mike, That's how I read it too.

Mike

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Mike and Mike, read #5 it covers exactly what happened. #4 is when its #5's turn and before he calls for a target & shoots, #1 shoots. ie out of turn.
    The second sentence in #4 is explanatory only. Leave out the 2nd sentence and it is clearer, at least to me.

7. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Yep, #5 is what I'm refering to. I thought the other guys were saying EVERYBODY had to shoot over, which, I believe, is not correct.

I took what Jim said to mean that all 5 guys shot again, not just 1 & 5.

"We knew it was a problem but were not sure what the rule stated. I suppose that everyone would have to shoot it over. We did and everyone broke the following target in turn as though it never happened."

8. BD457

BD457 Member

It is a "NO TARGET"

5. When two (2) contestants fire at the same target.

To me that's just like the bird flys and it's broken coming out of the house before a shot is fired. No target is.... well.... no target. Rule five above seems pretty clear to me.

Mike

9. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Post #5 & post #1 would both have to shoot over, also anyone who shot after the snafu would also have to shoot over. IOW you go back and correct the error and then start over from there.

10. Wildcat Lewis

Wildcat Lewis Member

Jim

Shooter on 5 will shoot over and if it goes all the way around to post 4 and the shooter on 4 fires before the scorer or squad members get everyone stopped so will the rest of the squad. The rule is no target if two or more shots are fired at the same target while its in flight. The confusion comes in when the shooter on post 2 doesn't realise that post one was out of turn.

Been there before. Hard right target that you thought you just hit with a ton of bricks from station 5. Just plain sucks when you discover you had help!!!!!!!!

Lewis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.