1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rule Question?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pull Bang, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

This could be interpreted as "disrupting a shoot" and should be stopped. The management must hold shooting on the skeet range during the registered shoot. I am not aware of any definition in the ATA Rule Book to cover this situation. Common sense should prevail.

I can understand your frustration. I was shooting (practice)trap at a club several years ago, the skeet range was next to one of the traps. I actually had pieces of targets hit me.

Good luck.

Frank

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

There's nothing in the "NO TARGET" section of the rulebook about it so at least it's not one of them, tm1. The trap target is just a trap target, subject to all the usual rules.

Neil

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Or, a game bird flying by the traps (doves?) If, at your call, a whole and complete bird appears promptly you must what? :) Hap

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

At Metro one time John Findorff on 2 swung to the second bird in doubles and found it closely flanked by a mating-pair of Canada geese. He did not shoot and we all agreed to give him another chance. As I recall, the world did not end as a result of our squad making a common-sense. if extra-legal, call. The rulebook gives wide latitude to clubs to decide what happens at their shoots, and I've seen some absolutely rotten calls at various clubs, but once it's over, it's over, and however the club handles this is OK with the ATA.

Neil

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Good call Neil, I'd rather lose a clay than kill such a bird if and when I could prevent it. Hap

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have refused to shoot a legal target when a distraction occurred while the target is in the air. I clearly remember tracking, from the 27 yard line, a hard left bird from post one when I saw a trap boy pop up from the house. I voluntarily did not let my release trigger go. ATA rules require that this should be a lost bird. But the rules were not followed and after a few words were said to the boy, I called for another bird and broke the straight away target. I know the rules. I do my very best to not violate the rules but I will continue not to shoot birds with trap boys in the line of fire.

If this happens again and a shooter files a formal complaint against me, I will admit to my actions and abide by any decision made by the EC.

Pat Ireland

7. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

The trap house is in line of fire for a hard left from post one?
    You must mean post five.....right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.