1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

rule question-Ohio State shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tcr1146, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Can someone explain rule G on page 10 of the Ohio State shoot program?! Thanks, Tom Rhoads

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I might be able to explain it if I had any idea what it is. Most readers of this site will not have an Ohio State program.

Pat Ireland

3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

G. Motor bikes, skateboards, bicycles are not permitted on the grounds until
    the last shot is fired in the regular program each day.

I would think they are talking about the shooting grounds?

4. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

This is what it reads.

G. Any shooter having won or tied their class beginning with Event 4 at the 2007 Ohio State Shoot, must move up at least one class during the 2008 State Shoot. Scores will be disqualified for any shooter not in compliance.

Ron Burdick

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It means exactly what it says. You win or tie in your class, starting with event 4 you are going to move up a class for the rest of this shoot. Example if you were a B, you are now an A.

Don

6. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Do they really mean "disqualified"? As in your scores won't be registered? I see that as a bit harsh for 16yd and Dbls. I could understand if it stated you were ineligble to win awards in the lower class. This is not like HCP where you would have to reshoot for a valid score.

If I understand it correctly, I think it's a poor rule.

7. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Tom -

It sounds more harsh than it really is, if my understanding is correct. They do the same thing at many big shoots (GLG at MTA for one). At least at Michigan you don't have to "do" anything, they just post a list on the scoreboard each day of the class move-ups. You don't have to do anything other than mark your paper average card with the correct class. I'm not exactly sure how you would get disqualified unless they do it differently at Ohio than they do other places.

It's similar to getting a punch, except for the punch you have to go to classification and give them your card. Never had to do that for a class move up at any of the shoots I've been to.

BTW, not to open another can of worms or hijack the thread, normally if you shoot an incorrect yardage your score is disqualified. The rules allow targets shot at the wrong yardage to be re-shot, but that's usually confined to something like forgetting to move a microphone and needing to re-shoot 5 targets. Never heard of anyone reshooting an entire event for that - which isn't to say it hasn't been done.

Scott

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I will make a suggestion everyone need to reread Mr. Burdick's post and pay special attention to the dates.

As I read it not just after event 4 but event four of last year(2007)so a word to the wise make sure they catch your last years win/tie or you may find yourself in trouble. At least that is what I am reading(unless Ron made a mistake on the years)

Bob Lawless

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bob- It would seem that you pay attention to every word in the statement posted by Ron. There is a difference between 2007 and 2008. A shooter who won a class C trophy last year, must shoot in class B or higher this year. The DQ is probably for trophy consideration only. I only know of two states that have a similar rule; however, there could be many more.

Pat Ireland

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I would bet that there might be a misprint. It probably should read 2008.

Don

11. tcr1146

That is what I think Big Don or at least assume! Tom Rhoads

12. tcr1146

Furthermore, I think they have a mistake on the handicap events. In all but one, the "50" options spells out the first, middle, and last! One of them they specifically call out first and last only! They need to clear this up or someone will not be very happy!@ Tom Rhoads

13. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

TCR & Bigdon, I don't think the dates are an error. If it were for bump ups from this years shoot it would be an automatic thing and no reason for the DQ part of rule. I believe it means if you won an event last year, you're bumped up a class this year.

Pat, I think you are probably correct about the DQ part. But that's the problem with the rule, we THINK we know what it means. I would assume then you are DQ'd from Class Purse and Options as well, but what about LEWIS.

14. tcr1146

So, you are telling me with my lovely 95.6 average on target year 2008, I tied with a 99 on a 11 squad outing at local club, I will now shoot AA for this shoot?! Look out Leo, Ray, Randy, Kay, Ricky, etc, etc! Not logical Tom Berry! If so, this should be taken care of at classification time Tuesday morning! Tom Rhoads

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Another suggestion make sure you have the rule clarified before you shoot. Don't assume a thing get it clarified. Oh it should be posted as a misprint if it is a misprint.

Bob Lawless

16. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

TCR, No I'm sure it applies wins in events 4 and beyond at the 2007 Ohio State shoot. I didn't mean to imply that it was any event won an any club in 2007.

Tom

17. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

It's only shoots that were won or tied at the 2007 Ohio State Shoot.

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

It will take 100 to win most classes anyhow at the Ohio state shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.