1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

********RUGGED GEAR SHOOTING CARTS***********

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by flyfish, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyfish

flyfish Member

What is the performance difference of a Rugged Gear Shooting Cart with the larger, fixed in-place front wheel versus the smaller, swivel front wheel? Thanks in advance.

2. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

I really don't get the swivel front wheel, maybe if I used one? Looks to me like the only way the swivel would be of benefit is if it had so much weight on it, the frame or something else would be in jeopardy. I think they were just looking for another mousetrap with the swivel, something else/different to sell.

One made out of an older jogging stroller, with large diameter tires/wheels, sure is smoother.

3. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

The only thing it's really going to get you is easier to steer. With the fixed wheel, you have to push down on the handle to lift the front wheel to turn the cart. Other than that, I can't think of any negatives to either model.

4. flyfish

flyfish Member

The front wheel on the swivel model is SMALLER than the front wheel on the fixed model. Just wondering if the SMALLER SWIVEL WHEEL would get bogged down or stuck in the mulch, mud, snow, etc. easier than the LARGER FIXED WHEEL. On a flatter surface with few or no obstructions, the swivel wheel is probably easier to maneuver.

5. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I just accuried one of their carts with the fixed front wheel and it is great, I have heard that it is prefered over the swivel wheel, which I think may be discontinued.

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Two-wheeled carts do not have any issue with steering. Besides, they can be pulled or pushed depending on the terrain.

Jim Skeel

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

The swivel wheel models can be a problem if you push them too fast and they get into dangerous headshake. This can be mitigated against by mounting an aftermarket steering damper. It is also important to keep rake and trail within factory specs.

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Chango...

Don't forget tire rotation, balancing and rear-end alignment!

Got an older 2-wheeler and with the help of Mr. Skeel - got big boy tires on it now... (lol)

Jay

9. dan2116

dan2116 Member

The swivel front tire type of cart is a lot more maneuverable and more compact than the older style but if you want you can lock the front swivel wheel at any time in a solid position very easily . The new swivel style just gives you more options, more maneuverability and is very stable. I think it is the better choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
rugged gear carts for sale
rugged gear gun cart for sale
rugged gear shooting cart

rugged gear shooting cart for sale

rugged gear shooting cart review
rugged gear shooting carts for sale
rugged shooting carts
used rugged gear shooting cart