1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rugged gear shooting cart

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by zzoom, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzoom

zzoom Member

Anyone use Rugged Gear shooting cart? I am considering purchasing one, would appreciate any and all comments. Thanks!

2. tammike

tammike Member

Handy , get the one with the crazy wheel on the front.

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I have one; when I have room, I take it. Invaluable when there is a long walk to a trap far from the clubhouse/water etc. Also keeps gun out of the public gunrack which can sometimes be similiar to "public parking" and invite attendant dings.

Oh, the rugged gear brand does what is advertised to do and has lots of neat little storage cubby holes, places for water, ammo etc.

4. shaggist

shaggist Member

[​IMG]

I made my gun cart from a Baby Jogger jogging stroller and a soft drink case. It is not as specialized as the Rugged Gear cart, but it will hold 16 boxes of shells in the crate, and lots of gear in the mesh pockets, as well as 2 guns in their holders in an upright position. I shoot Winchester SX-1 ones, so my actions are ALWAYS unloaded and open, except when I am on the firing line, ready to shoot. There is also room for a small cooler in the seat where the baby's butt would go. You can normally find these Baby Jogger strollers on Craigslist in your town. They come in single, double, and triple baby configurations, so that, with a little imagination, you can set them up for as many guns as you want to carry.

Jack Young Charlotte NC

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

nice bit of "shade tree" engineering there...

Jay

6. In plain view

In plain view Member

Zzoom: Back problems forced me to look into shooting carts. Purchased one several years ago from Rugged Gear. Best thing I ever did. I purchased the one with the stationary front wheel as I was having a balance problem due to bad disc in the back I didnt want to take the risk of letting the cart get away from me. I did make a mistake and did not purchase flat free tires. One trip to a range with those nasty weeds with super sharp stickers did me in. Went crazy trying to patch the sticker holes. Purchased flat free tires from Rugged Gear, after the fact, sent them my wheels, they mounted and sent them back installed, free of charge. In addition I keep a 4 box carton of shells in the lower front pocket to keep the nose down. If you grab the handle with nothing holding the nose down, the nose will rise on you. All 3 wheels are easily removed and folds nicely into my SUV. I sit on a stool to shoot and my cart has saved my shootng career. Bob

7. gotbass

gotbass Member

I sure like mine. Often I carry shells and a gun for a friend of mine who is a wheelchair shooter, so it does double duty. Before I got it just lugging his and my shells was a pain. I do like keeping the gun out of the community rack and having a hull bag that is not in the way. I would buy again and do get the no flat tires. Mike

8. Reinz

Reinz Member

Know lots of guys with them and they love them.

Mine is a homemade knock off. When it breaks, I will buy a Rugged Gear.

9. shaggist

shaggist Member

There is a Rugged Gear cart for auction on Ebay right now.

Jack

10. Eric XT

Eric XT TS Member

I have one and I love it. I got it for when I shoot sporting clays but now I use at the club to hold my shells, range bag, and other stuff and it doubles as a gun rack now I don't have to worry about my gun getting damaged in the gun racks at the club.

11. JH

JH Well-Known Member

I have one of the originals...used it for years. Great product. It saves in renting carts at sporting shoots. It paid for itself many times over. By the way, the company stands by its products. Amazing, honorable people!

12. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

I've had mine for about 4 years now. It's great. Do get the one with the free spinning front wheel, and do get the 3-gun upgrade.

When I had my fancy schmancy golf cart I gained 15 pounds. My Rugged Gear cart is better for my health. I also use it when I go to the rifle range.

13. zzoom

zzoom Member

Thanks to all for the input! I am going to place order for a 3 gun cart this evening.

14. 1903

1903 Member

My girlfriend has the new 3 gun cart. Best thing we done for sporting clays shooting. She even uses it on the trap field to hold everything. You will be glad that you bought it! John........

15. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Thumbs up !!

Wise choice, love ours !

Dave in SC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
arizona for sale rugged gear gun cart
craigslist rugged gear shooting cart for sale
rugged gear 2 gun shooting cart for sale
rugged gear gun carts