1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger Trapgun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by seedsntrees, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seedsntrees

seedsntrees TS Member

Hi,
    Anyone familiar with this gun?
    Does it point good?
    Any recoil?
    How does it stand up?

Thanks,

2. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

It was only made for w few years.

3. bgf

bgf Active Member

One of our trap league shooters uses one. He is a Ruger employee and likes it alot. The reason it was dropped from Ruger's line was because it was too expensive to build and compete in the market. This info is from the number two man from Ruger. Hope this helps.

Bernie

4. famill00

famill00 TS Member

It is a shame that Sturm, Ruger & Co. dont make a better shotgun. Their rifles and hanguns are great but their shotgun line is lacking.

Forrest

5. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

Reportedly they made less than thirty. Shame, it seemed to have every option thought of, American made. Like all new trap guns, they didn`t sell well, some were traded away by dealers just to get rid of them.

6. Bullheaded on SKB

Bullheaded on SKB TS Member

Seedsntrees, forget the Ruger and buy the 85TSS combo gun by SKB. It's a lot more versatile and competitively priced. The SKB is a better quality firearm and with the upgraded wood comparable to a Kolar gun. Don't believe me check one out from an SKB distributor. Tell them Tom sent you.

Chet

7. guncase

guncase TS Member

I shared a building at the Grand in Vandalia for 7 yrs with Ruger. They made 372 of these guns. Their biggest problem was that the employees bought 230 of them at huge discounts and the "beancounters" said "we are not making any money on this gun ", and the man behind the project was ill and left.

I bought one , used, just to pattern and check out the "pattern Control Barrel". What a great shooter, patterns were the best I have ever seen, It had everything that one needs to shoot. Trigger was a little "iffey", but with a little work it could have been tuned. Recoil was not any worst than my 3200.

All in all,, it's a shame that the gun was taken off the market.

Paul

8. darr

darr Well-Known Member

One of our club members bought an unfired one a couple of weeks ago and put 100 rounds through it last weekend.It is a stainless undersingle.Nice looking gun but a little light up front for me.This one was 1 of 300.

Darr

9. ganger

ganger Member

BigAl, I have never been to the Grand, but according to all that I have read on this forum for years, Paul (guncase) is a man of honesty and integrity so I will believe what he says is true to the best of his knowledge. Ganger

10. seedsntrees

seedsntrees TS Member

Interesting,

I'm going to swing for a 85stss if not the Ruger.

I like the 85tss.

Thanks,

11. guncase

guncase TS Member

BIg AL,,,, Hard to believe that you ever attended the Grand in Vandalia and didn't see the Ruger Building! Shows how much attention you paid. They would get there on Prilm Fri and leave on the friday of the Grand Week. Next to the Old English Building.
    Mr. Thompson always had a full line of the Ruger guns.
    I have to believe what he said.

But wait a minute,,AL,,,I really don't care what you think!!!! ,,Paul

12. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I will definetly vouch for guncase sharing a building with Ruger at the Grand as I was there!!!!!!!!! I also have known Paul for a number of years and if he says the employees bought the guns, they bought the guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

If you can find one ...BUY IT..They are few and far between,almost as hard to find as a Spacegun,I was fortunate to get one of each.....Don

14. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I've got one----good unsingle Trapgun! The trigger is adjustable for pull weight and one of the crispest triggers I've ever seen on a shotgun. Too bad they were discontinued, only thing I didn't like about it was the stock-----which I changed.

John C. Saubak

15. seedsntrees

seedsntrees TS Member

Hello all,

Thank you for all the comments.

Keep Shooting!

OUT!

16. luckyshot

luckyshot TS Member

anyone interseted in one i can steer you to the owner. it is unfired in the box
    it is owned by a retired ruger bigshot. it even has a special serial number on it specifically assigned to him. tim

17. reb87

reb87 TS Member

What does he want for it?

18. Mike

Mike Member

Jaqua's has one $2250-

19. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Big Al/esterhaus removed his stupid comment it looks like

20. shoot'er

shoot'er TS Member

Man what the hell are you the comment Nazi or somethin?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.