1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger SR 9c

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OldGoat, Jul 30, 2013.

1. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I know this is a trapshooting forum, but lots of experienced and knowledgeable gun owners here. I am looking for info re: acquiring a new Ruger SR 9c. Appears to be a good personal protection choice. Your comments appreciated...other recommendations? Best Regards, Ed

2. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

The Ruger is a fine choice. I have a Taurus pt709 slim. single action, double action is a nice feature on it. Wanted the SR( but the prices on them went stupid 8 months back.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

They shoot very well and are very easy to control. The felt recoil is more like a full size 9mm. Great choice for CCW. The demand for this model is very high so you may have difficulty finding one in stock.

4. Heeringa

Heeringa Active Member

I went to Gander Mountain one day in February intent on buying an SR9c, but they were out and weren't sure when they would be getting more in. But they had the SR40c for the same price. It's a great gun and has functioned flawlessly for me. The 3.5" barrel makes it a little on the big side for concealed carry, in my opinion. I'm satisfied with my purchase, especially since .40S&W were easier to find than 9mm at the time, although they are slightly more expensive.

Heeringa

5. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

Shot a friends SR9 full size 2 years ago and then bought a SR9c last year very pleased. I think it shoots as well as the full sized SR9. I like mine best with the short Mags.

John G.

6. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Thanks for comments....next stop is to compare and see if I can find one to shoot - rent for tryout. Best Regards, Ed