1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger Revolvers for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by brdslayr, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Stainless Ruger Super Blackhawk. .44 Mag. 7 1/4in barrel. Very nice revolver with Pachmayer grips. I do not have the original pain grips. $475 shipped. Second Ruger is an Old Army .45. Stainless with 7 1/4in barrel. Blackpowder only. No corrosion or pitting anywhere. Very light srcatches on the frame. $450 shipped. 509-205-0357

2. brdslayr

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

I am watching a Hunting Channel show that just showed a fellow dropping a deer like a sack of 'taters with a Super Black Hawk.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Ha ha "pain grips"

My kid got a 44SBH for graduation from Uncle Rudy. After a dozen shots or so he was bleeding from the cut in the web of his hand from the back strap as the gun rolled in recoil.

On the way home we stopped an bought Pachmaiers. Now the gun is a pussycat.

HM

5. brdslayr

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

6. brdslayr

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Ruger .44 Mag. is sold to Rob. Old Army is still available. JW

7. brdslayr

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

8. larryjk

larryjk Member

0   0   0

halfmile, Most Custom "big bore" revolvers are built on the Bisley frame. I used to shoot a 500 Linebaur on a Bisley frame and didn't have the problem of the gun "rolling" in recoil like the Blackhawks. I also shot the 454 Casull on the Blackhawk type frame and got nailed on the second joint of the index finger on darn near every shot. I now shoot the .45 Colt and .44 Magnum in Ruger Bisley style and don't have pain problems. But the gun still rises more than I would like but Hogue doesn't make a rubber grip for the Bisley frame. What a joy those revolvers would be with Hogue grips! I ask them often and they always say that I should keep watching. I don't understnd why they don't make their grip for the Bisley frame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

revolvers for sale