1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ruger red label value

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by elmo, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elmo

elmo Member

A friend is looking at a ruger red label o\u shotgun. It is stainless steel 26in choke tubed barrels. Gun is 5 years old shot very little. Almost new condition. What is the value of this gun. Any input appreciated.

2. jsa3107

jsa3107 Member

600-800 depends on condition
    Nice little field gun by the sounds

3. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

If you can get it for $600...BUY IT! If you can get it for $800 it's a good deal.
    $1000 is even a fair-to-decent price. Most excellent-condition RRL's will go for $1100-$1200. Look at GunBroker.com or GunsAmerica.com for a good idea of what a used RRL is worth.
    After looking for awhile, I bought my fifth RRL, one month old, six months ago for $1100, and felt good about the deal.

4. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

If it is all stainless, I would guess a bit more than $1100. If it blued w/ wood and a stainless receiver, maybe around $1000.

The 12 gauge brings the least on the open market, followed by the 20 gauge and then the 28 gauge. All accounts I've heard regarding the 28 gauge are that it is one sweet shooter.

They're not bad guns, but for equal value, I think I would prefer a Browning or Beretta.

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

There are quite a few "shot little" Red Labels on the market. If you've ever pulled the trigger on one, you know what I'm talking about!

ec90t

6. jsa3107

jsa3107 Member

ec90t

Thats why I said 600-800
    And they dont do well at trade time either..
    I owned 2 and they are not... well lets just say I wouldnt buy anouther...
    So if you are going to buy one you want to make sure you buy it cheap enough not to get hurt

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I bought a new one back in the 80's and it was the worst gun I have ver owned

8. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

AMEN TO THAT. WHAT WAS A MEDIOCRE GUN 10 YEARS AGO IS A GEM TODAY WHEN COMPARED TO THE STOEGARS/CZ/MOSSBERG AND ALL THE OTHER CHEAP IMPORT O/U'S. IF ONE GOES BY THEORY STATED ABOVE, THE CYNERGY MUST BE A PIECE OF CRAP TOO SIMPLY BECAUSE THERE ARE TONS OF "LIGHTLY USED" ONES FLOATING AROUND TOO.

9. letts

letts TS Member

The Red label is a great gun. I have one that I use for sporting clays, no problems at all with this gun. shoots where I point it every time.

Letts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ruger red label 2008
ruger red label shotgun value

ruger red label value

ruger red lable value
stainless ruger red label value