1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger Red Label TRAP Gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim Porter, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Did you know that Ruger made a TRAP U/U?
    Steve Barnett has one. (Go to Steve Barnett Fine Guns.com)
    According to Steve they nade about 30 of them and it's a pretty good looking gun. You can tell it's a Ruger from a mile away but it is DEFINITELY a trap gun all the way. Top single with high rib, adj pad and several other Trapppy things.
    Very interesting.

2. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

yeah you can sure tell its a ruger,cheapest looking wood they could find!

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

And they kick like a mule. HMB

4. rugershoot

rugershoot Member

Ruger made appx. 325 of these, believe they were catalogued in 2001 only. Recoil is no worse than any gun I have shot, and the straight rifled barrel does pattern extremely well.

Ray

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

They may throw a nice pattern, but it's anyone's guess, where that pattern will be.

While I was at Kolar, at the time Ruger came out with this gun, several shooters were having problems hitting anything. I patterned at least a half dozen of them and found some of the POI's to be as far of as 10"-12" at 40 yds.

I called Ruger each time, and each time I was told that the POI was within their specs.(?????)

In my opinion, Ruger should stick with the handguns and rifles, or at least hire someone familiar with shotguns, besides just a design engineer.

Doug

6. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

I have one for for collecting reasons only.Only shot it a few times and it breaks birds.......Don

7. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have one for sale in the box. Its been shot (not by me) and is about 98%. E-mail if interested. $2800

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

A guy I shoot some with uses one. It doesn't seem to kick him anymore than normal and he hits alot of targets with it. Says that he hasn't changed anything about it. But he may be a shooter that the configuration is built for and has the only straight shooter produced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what is the poi on a ruger red label