1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger Red Label Top Lever

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OldGoat, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I will be interested in info you get back on this. I recently bought a new 30" Sporting Clay model Red Label in 20 ga. The top lever seems "loose" and has caused scratches in the receiver for what few times I have shot it. Worse, if the safety is taken off (to fire) and then you try to push the safety back on (to safe position)...it will not go back on safe. You have to break open the gun so the automatic safety takes over and puts the safety back on...with mine, you cannot do this manually. Comments? Advice? Regards, Ed

2. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Ed,

........advice? Send it back to Ruger, it isn't functioning properly.....they'll fix it.

John C. Saubak

3. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Had a Red Label 20 ga. for some time. There is something unique to the RL top lever. It does not directly attach to locking block. Best call Ruger at their New Hampshire plant and get it explained. Thats where gun will be going if any repairs are needed anyway. Regards; Bill H.

4. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Thanks, fellows...yep, after the holiday rush, I best send it back. I hope the Ruger service is as good as some have said it is.... Meanwhile, Merry Christmas and Best Regards, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

break lever grinds on ruger shotgun

break lever noisy on ruger red label
release lever grinds on ruger red label
ruger red label lever position
ruger red label top lever not straight