1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger pre-93 Choke Options.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by miketrap, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miketrap

miketrap TS Member

I am getting mixed messages from choke manufacturers regarding which types of chokes are compatible with the pre-93, Ruger Red Label, with shorter chokes. Some tell me the Browning Standard Investor, and Win Chokes will work in these Rugers, but other say the Browning Standard Invector is not compatible with this gun.
    Any information on this issue would be great.
    Thanks, Mike

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

what do they recommend if not invectors? Win-Choke, Invector, Mossberg, Stoeger, some SKBs, some Weatherbys, and others, all use the same threads, so if you can find someone with one of those guns, see if one of their chokes will fit, if so, your good to go...

3. miketrap

miketrap TS Member

Skeet Man,
    Thanks for your advice. I wish I had Invector chokes to try in the Ruger.
    What happened was, Briley sells Win/Ruger chokes for the pre-93, but told me their Standard Invector is not compatible with the older Ruger. Carlson's, on the other hand, included the Standard Invector with their group of chokes, like you listed, that are compatible with the pre-93 Ruger. One would think the Briley and Carlson's, Standard Invector, are made to exactly the same specifications. The Standard Invector is available from a local shop. Maybe I can work out a deal with them to buy one of these chokes, with a return option, or take my Ruger into the shop and try it. This still does not answer the question, that a choke might screw in OK, but will it be OK when I shoot the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.