1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger P97

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by algebra1, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. algebra1

algebra1 Member

Anybody have a Ruger p97.I was thinking of buying one,but would like to hear the pros and cons first hand.

2. shaner

shaner Member

ive had a few p95 and i really like them, they work great!!!

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Good starter gun if the price is right. Accuracy can sometimes be quite good but varies more gun-to-gun than better brands like Sig, HK, Beretta & Browning. Durability and reliability also not as consistent or as good. Trigger not great. Ruger is a very good company, making quality products and they stand behind them. I've owned many, and still do own some. But, frankly, centerfire pistols are not Ruger's strength. An XD-40 or a CZ75B are notably better for not much more money. A new Stoeger Cougar is also a great value starter gun (now made in Turkey using Beretta's old tooling).

If you can hold-off for a while, you might want to save up for a little better gun. If not, you'll have plenty of fun with your Ruger as long as you had realistic expectations going in. Good luck!

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ruger p 97

ruger p97 vids