1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger P89DC Quality?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have the opportunity to purchase a almost new(4 years old but not shot but one clip) P89 for $250.00 and know that's a good price but wondered about the quality. I looked for some reviews but didn't find any and intend to buy the gun and trying to decide whether to keep it or resale. I have several Ruger revolvers but no auto's except MK 22's. Thanks Jackie B.

2. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

It's a good pistol. Very reliable, and easy to shoot.

They are heavy, and some people don't like their looks, but they always go bang, and feed all bullet styles.

3. FIB

FIB Member

I agree with Russ-in-Pa's comments. I have never personally liked the LOOKS of Ruger 9mm pistols but can't deny the fact that they work well.

4. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

I have a ruger and a browning and to tell the truth i like the ruger better.Reliable,easy to operate and do they shoot.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Honestly i haven't found a Ruger model yet that wasn't well worth the money. They are one of the few consistently quality gun makers. Is there better out there? Certainly. That said you won't have any problems with their guns both in fit and function. Had a Ruger P89, and Mini 14 which were both reliably great functioning guns and would eat any ammo i fed it. I still have (2) Ruger 10/22's. You can trust their name.

6. Twixter

Twixter Member

Shooting Jack":

If yo don't want it PM me with the particulars and i'll take it in a minute.

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Reliable, but oversized for what they are. That's why they are hard to sell. The new rugars are much more compact.

Still, a lot of fire power for the money.

8. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Other than the first P85's Ruger center fire autos are good pistols but a little awkward looking because the grip seems too small for the slide. The 45's shoot amazingly well. Good value for the money.

9. luckyshot

luckyshot TS Member

i have owned every p gun except for the 345. there are as rugged as they come, they are large and will fill your hand , but there is not a gun out there in the same price range, that is as reliable in my opinion.

10. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I ended up getting it for $225.00 total so real happy with the deal. I will take it to the club with me tomorrow and see if I can shoot it. For some reason I am just not accurate with some pistols. I have a S&W 5903 that I can shoot very well and have gotten rid of most of the others that I couldn't shoot. LOL Jackie B.

11. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Can't go wrong with that. I have shot both the P89 and P95. I love ruger pistols. Cheap to buy used and good quality.

Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ruger p89 quality

ruger p89dc forums