1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger MKIII question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Old 870, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old 870

Old 870 TS Member

I'm going to buy a Ruger MkIII but I want to know something. When it comes to the barrels what is the benefit to the slab milled sides or the grooves in the hunter barrel? Is there really any advantage to having these features?

thanks

2. SR1

SR1 TS Member

It makes it lighter thats all.They are very good guns you wont be sorry you bought one.

3. Old 870

Old 870 TS Member

That makes sense. thanks

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I have had a Ruger MK I and presently own two MK II .22 auto pistols. The older MK I and the newer MK II were bull barrel models with adjustable sights. The other MK II is a stainless 4" barrel model with fixed sights.

I prefer the adjustable sights although the 4 " barrel model is a lighter carry in the field.

All three were or are great pistols.

Ed Ward

5. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

I have a 22/45 and love it. You won't be sorry.

6. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Great pistols !! If you buy the Ruger have the dealer or someone who is familiar with the reassembly of the Ruger show you how it goes. It can and does get tricky for the newbie, especialy with a brand new one. Not really difficult as such but can be frustrating until the locking mechanism is loosened up. With a new one I have learned to take the lock asssembly and work it back and forth to loosen it. Bill

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have the fluted MKIII hunter. I like it. no problems as of 1500rnds. My wife shoots this gun great. Plinking just about everything under 60yards with ease. Shes much better with trigger control than me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.