1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger LCR???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 007, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 007

007 Member

Does anyone have any experience with the Ruger LCR in .357Mag. I am thinking about getting one for a carry gun. Any help will be appreciated.

2. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be something I'd buy. I just don't like hammerless revolvers.
    A friend of mine had one that I shot a few times. We shot mostly full house 158 gr HP ammo which wasn't too smart I will admit. Incredible muzzle blast.

We also shot some .38 wadcutters and were able to hit man-sized targets at 10 yards pretty well.

3. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Mine is n 38 special and has the Crimson Trace laser grips. I really do not want to practice with that gun in .357 mag. Mine will shoot the +P ammo but at the distances we are talking about for using a little gun, I think regular 38 special ammo will do just fine - (worked for Jack Ruby)

4. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

My wife did a lot of research and decided on the LCR. After an all-womans handgun class taught by female LEO,s she can put all 5 .38 wadcutters in a pieplate at 20 feet. She has no idea what a +P is and most likely never will. She is a Jesse Stone/Tom Sellick fan and her moto is "front sight in a gunfight". Its got a great double action trigger. On occasion I get to shoot it.

5. beretta1340

beretta1340 TS Member

I own one in .357 and use as a carry gun in the summer. Great gun imo. Very easy to get used to the trigger, and an easy gun to shoot. It is snappy with the 357 for practice, but not impossible. Also very easy to conceal / carry.

6. glenns

glenns Member

I have the 38 spl with crimson laser grips. It is my carry gun in a Galco inside the waist band holster. Very comfortable to conceal carry. I also carry a Bianchi speed strip with a few extra rounds.

Does take a little practice getting a comfortable grip. I feel very confident that it'll go bang when I need it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.