1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger LCP .380

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shannon391, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I like the new Sig single actions much better in the .380 platform, (like a mini 1911}. I know a few guys that had issues with the LCP.

The .380 is not a choice I care for. I have a Khar9 I like but carry a sub .45 mostly.

2. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

I have the LCP and love it. Have had hundreds of big guns in the last 40 years, tend to not have them if you need them. The LCP is light and small enough you barely know you have it on you.I do not feel undergunned with it at all, I shoot a lot as does my wife with her LCR and within it's range it will do the job. 100% reliable so far and accurate for a little gun. Check the Ruger sites, they are very popular.

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I own one but only for use in my carry classes to show a variety of what is available. It has the absolute worst trigger ever manufactured in my opinion and I share that with my students as well.

Bob

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it has the worst trigger, but it does have a long, heavy pull that takes a little to get used to.

If your friend has large hands, he won't be happy with it.

Although I wouldn't want to get hit with one (a .380ACP round), I'd consider it more as a BUG than as a primary carry.

For concealed carry, I'd recommend something more along the lines of a S&W M&P Compact. I have one of those in 357SIG that is a pleasure to carry and shoot. Added to that the fact that you can convert it to shoot .40S&W and 9mm and you have a very versatile platform.

As with all of these sorts of things, the best advice is to go to a range and try one.

5. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I disagree on "worst" trigger....many are worse. It is a handy little gun and with the right "pocket holster" it will not print, becomes almost forgotten in your pocket and will most likely be with you when you need it.

That said, I normally carry a Kahr cw9 as it is a real nine and not a stubby fifty percenter, and sometimes wish I'd got the 40 instead.

Most favorite still is my little third model Det. Spl. even though it is not plus P rated (who knows the difference anyway as I've got some old S&W loads, not plus P that rocket out as fast as some of the new plus stuff).

LCP is not the easiest thing to shoot well, be sure you have the hook thing on the magazine and see what it will feed reliably.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Why get a Little Copied Pistol instead of getting the gun they copied it after?

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I have a Kel-Tec P3AT. Looks the same and mine has never skipped a beat. I would recommend the Kel-Tec PF9, since it's a full 9mm and it's very compact. The P-11 is a double stack 9mm and still small enough to carry hidden. My P-40 is the same size as the P-11 and it's a 40.

8. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

Dick

700+ rounds never a problem. Daily carry=yes. Trigger=could be better. I put a Crimson trace on mine=I love it. Not the biggest but I like mine. Good luck, shoot often. Corey

9. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Very well satisfied with mine, no issues at all.

10. Rugershooter123

Rugershooter123 TS Member

Like mine. Takes a little to get used to but shoots great. Put about 800 rds through it with no problems.

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Makes lots of noise and stings with hollow points.

12. capvan

capvan Active Member

The Crimson Trace sight on this gun is a really great combination!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.