1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ruger customer service

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin62, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

I need to send my ruger red label in for repair. The bottom barrel isn't firing sometimes time and now it's all the time. so I think it may need new pins and springs.

anyhow my question is.

1. ruger how are they to deal with.
    2. ther work do they do a good job of repairing.
    3.how quick are they.
    4. price for there work.

any help would be great.

2. elinvar

elinvar Member

Hello
    sent a Ruger Blackhawk off for repair last month- Brand new in the box from the wholesaler- front sight was bent over 10 degrees and scratched- also a nice scratch on barrel- Called Ruger- they sent a call tag and had UPS pick it up- Been over a month now and not back yet- Finally called them and it is supposed to be shipped back next week- we will see...
    Terry Jones

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

My experiences have been fantastic. Sent in a badly abused Super Blackhawk a few years ago (got it for a song). The replaced about everything but the frame and cylinder and grips, reblued it and sent it back in a new box and the charge was $0.00. Took two months. Did the same with a standard auto, same result.

Story is: send it in for repair, they do it and normally refinish. Send it in for reblue, they do any repairs and charge for the reblue.

At least that is the way it was..

4. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

Sent in a ruger charger .22LR pistol,the finish was peeling off like tape,from the time I sent it in to the time I got it back it was less than 2 weeks have not had a problem since. Did not charge me a cent for it. Ruger has very good customer service.

Jordan Dekker

5. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

I need to send my ruger red label in for repair. The bottom barrel isn't firing sometimes time and now it's all the time. so I think it may need new pins and springs.

anyhow my question is.

1. ruger how are they to deal with.
    2. ther work do they do a good job of repairing.
    3.how quick are they.
    4. price for there work.

any help would be great.

6. elinvar

elinvar Member

Hello
    sent a Ruger Blackhawk off for repair last month- Brand new in the box from the wholesaler- front sight was bent over 10 degrees and scratched- also a nice scratch on barrel- Called Ruger- they sent a call tag and had UPS pick it up- Been over a month now and not back yet- Finally called them and it is supposed to be shipped back next week- we will see...
    Terry Jones

7. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

My experiences have been fantastic. Sent in a badly abused Super Blackhawk a few years ago (got it for a song). The replaced about everything but the frame and cylinder and grips, reblued it and sent it back in a new box and the charge was $0.00. Took two months. Did the same with a standard auto, same result.

Story is: send it in for repair, they do it and normally refinish. Send it in for reblue, they do any repairs and charge for the reblue.

At least that is the way it was..

8. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

Sent in a ruger charger .22LR pistol,the finish was peeling off like tape,from the time I sent it in to the time I got it back it was less than 2 weeks have not had a problem since. Did not charge me a cent for it. Ruger has very good customer service.

Jordan Dekker

9. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Their repairs are usually done right but expect to wait for it.
    Not known for quick turn-around.

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I do not mind having to wait for repairs if they are done correctly. I also was suprised by a "no charge" repair, and the pistol functioned beautifully.

11. high 2

high 2 Member

I had to send in 20GA Red Label because they wouldn`t sell me a ejector(restricted part). They replaced the ejector for free but they said they had to test fire before they could ship back gun. The stock on the gun had a hair line crack about 3/4" long and they deemed it to dangerous for their smith to shoot. Wanted $500 to replace the stock before they could test fire. After a week of constant phone calls they shipped the gun back, unfired. Just a way to screw my customer out of $500. No more Ruger for me. Larry

12. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I've had excellent service from Ruger but it has been some time ago since I used them for a free up grade. high 2., If it had been me I would have thanked them and ordered the stock. I'll bet it would have been a very nice piecde of wood. Post-2

13. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

I sent my Red Label in a couple of years ago for some timing issues and an ejector problem. Came back in @ 6 weeks with new barrels for the ejector problem. Timing problem was repaired and they also disconnected the auto safety that I had requested. The safety disconnect is supposed to be a charge item but the bill was $0 and the gun functions flawlessly now. Extremely happy with Ruger!

Steve

14. Claydude

Claydude TS Member

I had problems a few years ago with several o/u not firing the second barrel while shooting sporting clays and kept thinking the gun was freezing up due to cold weather. Anyway, another shooter asked what loads I was using and offered some of his which were a bit heavier and that took care of the problem. I had a gunsmith look at both of them thinking it was the springs etc., but as it turned out the loads I was using were too light and/or not enough recoil to cock the second barrel. Suggest before you send it off you might check it with heavier loads. After I discoved the problem, I told the gunsmith about the discoved problem and his response was "I should have known that as a possible cause" One was a Browning and the other was an older Weatherby, both were bottom barrels not firing. Have never had a problem since!

15. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Rugers do not have inertia triggers. They fire without recoil.

Steve

16. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I agree; I believe ruger o/unders have mechanically set triggers which don't depend on recoil...that is not to say there isn't some sort of other problem in allowing the second barrel to fire. Regards, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ruger policy for no charge rebluing
ruger red label needing repair

ruger red label repair

ruger red labelrepairs