1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ruger 380

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bullfrog1, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullfrog1

Bullfrog1 TS Member

I have been thinking about buying a Ruger 380 with a lazer. It seems a nice gun but a little high price. Is it worth the price? Thanks

2. trapaa

trapaa TS Member

I have had my LCP Ruger for over a year now, and after I found what it likes to shoot, Hornaday Defence loads, it's a lot of fun. It's one of my carry guns that I trust to go bang when I pull the trigger. Bob

3. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

I bought the taurus 380,cheaper than the ruger. The laser is kind of a joke-they won't hit anything far enough away to make a diff.

4. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I have the LCP w/the CT laser. It is very accurate at 15 yards (haven't shot it further) though the recoil is a bit stiff. 50 or so rounds at one time is about all I shoot. More than that makes it a lot less fun.

No bobbles, stoppages, jams, FTFs at all from the first mag. The trigger became a lot nicer after just a few rounds.

Small, relatively light, and there are a lot of different holsters for it. The Recluse is one, you might google it and look them over.

Bob

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I've had my Ruger for about a year. No issues. Wish they had an extended mag for more capacity and a better grip.

6. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Look at the S&W Body Guard .380. The laser is intergrated into the
    frame, not bolted underneath. Also has a thumb safety and good sights.
    Warranty is "lifetime" to the original buyer.

7. magicman

magicman TS Member

I have a ruger LCP. At self defense range it is deadly with the laser. Midway sells high capacity magazines. I have a 10 round mag that works great. The iron sights could be better.

8. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have a Ruger LCP with the Crimson Trace laser. I don't cary it much any more so I will sell it.

Ruger LCP .380 acp with box and papers - I am original owner - fired 50 rounds max.

Crimson Trace LaserGuard LG-431 (installed) with box & papers.

DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster

Price $400

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor<BR>
    Central Indiana
    skeeljc_2008_030354.jpg

9. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I have a trade in here at the Silver Dollar. Ruger LCP, .380 acp, Crimson Trace laser, pants pocket holster, spare magazine. $425.00. Regular price $525.00. Shot less than 10 rounds. Owner had rather large hands.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

If you want a inexpensive but dependable pocket pistol, buy a Kel Tec. If you want one that is so smooth you'll want to shoot it, buy a Sig P238. Those small polymer framed pistols are a handful to shoot and not very pleasant.

ss

11. kolar12

kolar12 Member

We had a demo day at my gun club two years ago and I had the opportunity to try one. Did not like it. It seemed to lack a quality feel. Trigger pull was not too great.

12. glock22

glock22 TS Member

I`ve had a ruger lcp for over a year and carry it every day,
    I trust it.

13. WGB

WGB Member

Kahr, Beretta, S&W, Sig, all quality pistols to bet your life on.

Kel-tec, Ruger, etc, when your life doesn't depend on it.

14. ky4some

ky4some Member

WGB - that seems a little bit like an elitest comment. I have a Kahr, Ruger, S&W, and Kel Tec. All 100% reliable so I would trust my life to any of them. Each is a different size so fills a different need. Sure a couple of them have a nicer fit and finish. But there is absolutely nothing wrong to trusting one's life to a Ruger or Kel Tec as a your self defense carry weapon.

Mike Kamer

15. TRW369

TRW369 TS Member

I recently purchased a S&W Bodyguard .380 and have almost 500 rounds thru it! It has not once failed to operate and at 10yrds shoots dead on and that is without using the laser! I have loaded both Lead RN 95 gr. & FM 95 gr. Bullets and not one malfunction!

TRW369

16. wlc

wlc Member

My wife recently bought a Kahr .380. I have large hands and it's still fun to shoot. Good sights, great trigger, and less felt recoil than most small .380's.

17. revbook

revbook Member

I have a Walther PK380. Chose it over the Ruger LCP because I liked the feel of it better.

18. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Have the "elsie pea" and have zero problems with it, shoots good at 10yds, no malfunctions at all. I want the Sig though, it feels so good in your hand. Buffalo Bore for ammo and you are good to go, Hornady good too from what I hear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.