1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger 380

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by primer, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. primer

primer TS Member

Has anyone shot the new Ruger 380 with the lazer? Is it worth the money they are asking for it?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I have one ordered if you are speaking of the Ruger LCP .380. I had a thread on here with alot of good info on this gun and others similar. I haven't fired one with the laser but i did shoot the one without. It is a very nice small caliber handgun. Most who posted on my thread stated it is very reliable. I was impressed with the few shots i was allowed to shoot. Ordered mine with the Laser. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Found it..Posted above. For what ever reason the link has the order of posts mixed up. The first post you see is actually the last on that thread.

Matt

3. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Before you buy the Ruger, look at the S&W .380 Body Guard.
    The laser is built into the frame, not hung under the barrel.
    That makes it much more compact and concealable.

4. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

I have a ruger and love it for what it is. A small compact carry gun!
    Remember you can own a bigger gun but if you don't carry it you won't
    Have it when you need it.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

We were shooting two LCP's Saturday. One with, one w/o the lazer. With good lighting, the lazer is hard to see unless your target is 10 feet away. We had a Glock, a Bodyguard, and a LCR with lazers too, and they were all hard to see.

In an emergency, I would hate strain to see my lazer. I would always rely on my point and aim.

My Stainless LCP has been faultless so far. I have about 50 rounds thru it. The American Rifleman had a write up on .380 conceal guns. They recommend you shoot at least 200 rounds to break your gun in before you consider it trustworthy. the LCP has a much nice trigger than the SW Bodyguard, or atleast better than one my son-in-law owns. If you want a SA trigger, they recommended the SIG P238. The 380 DA triggers have a very long pull.

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have a Ruger LCP with the Crimson Trace Laser. Crimson Trace did an excellent job of designing the laser to fit the LCP. It fits around the trigger guard. I cary mine in a DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster in my back pocket just like another wallet. The laser always maintains point of impact.

Great little gun!

Jim Skeel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

I have had my Ruger LCP for over a year and it has been flawless. It has a very large trigger guard and I can get my fat trigger finger in it with no problem. It is no target gun but out to 15 feet I can put 4 or 5 out of 6 into a six inch round target. Because of its size I carry it with me almost everywhere.

My wife carries a S&W 442 with a Crimson Trace Laser and I thought she might like the S&W 380 Bodyguard with the built in Laser. I bought her one and she shot one magazine through it and so did I. I sold it at the next gun show. The gun had no balance for me, it felt very top heavy and neither of us put a hole in the target at 10 feet.

Jim R

8. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I had an LCP for about 8 months, got it used, shot well. I sold it and picked up a lightly used S&W 629 Trail Boss. 3" ported 44 Mag. for my carry gun. Hope never to need it.

9. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Jim Skeel: you said you carry your LCP in your back pocket?

Have you had any POI changes from sitting on it?

If not that seems to be a good way to carry it.

I can't carry anything metal in my right front pocket, it shorts out my leg in ten minutes. This is not a joke I literally had to start carrying my car keys in my left pocket a few years ago because of this. My whole leg goes to sleep in minutes.

Obviously since I am right handed and I can't carry the gun in my RF pocket, where to carry it is the question? My wallet is in the right rear pocket, so that's out.

What's a guy to do?

randy

10. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Randy,

I have not had any POI changes from carying my LCP in my back pocket. The Crimson Trace has a very secure attachment the way it encompasses the trigger guard. I find it easier to draw the LCP from my back pocket.

Jim Skeel

11. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have never shot the ruger but I own the bodyguard. Great shooting little gun but I never could get real good with it. I will still take my 45 any day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.