1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger 1911 .45 ACP

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by kolar12, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Has anyone considered buying one of these or have an oppinion??

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have one- the trigger wasnt as good as the reviews said but it does have a lot of features- of guns that cost a lot more

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

They are pretty good guns, BUT. The Sig 1911 is light-years ahead of most 1911's, especially the Ruger.

4. leadoff2

leadoff2 Member

These are good guns with a lot of upgrades straight out of the box that you would pay several hundred dollars to have a competent smith install. Only things that I have done to mine are replaced the factory grips with thinner units from Wilson ( purely for aesthetics ) and installed a full length guide rod to keep the springs from twisting. Accuracy and shooting are above most without getting into a custom run of .45's or the higher dollar units from some of the other manufacturer's. Always liked the Rugers and the best thing they are made in the USA.! If you want further info, PM me.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/the-ruger-sr1911-review/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.