1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RUGER 10/22 BARRELS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BenelliM2, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

Just bought a ruger 10/22 stainless wanted to convert it to a target gun it has the standard barrel with the black syn. stock. I am looking at bull barrels but there are so many different models and makes, I dont know what the better one is. Want to know who makes a good barrel for the 10/22.

Jordan Dekker,FRGC Member

2. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

I was a referee for the NSSF's Sportsmans Team Challenge and this event made the Ruger 10/22 the starndard rifle shot Even TEam Smith & WEsson shot 10/22 variants in their rifle events. Volquartsen and Clark Custom Guns have most of the necessary accessories.

Bob Gibson

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I put a Green Mountain 20" blued bull barrel along with a Hogue OverMolded black stock. It is a real tack driver. I just added a Kidd two stage trigger. Wow! That is a fine trigger.

Jim Skeel

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If you want an accurate barrel without the weight, take a look at Tactical Solutions. These are the diameter of a bull barrel, but are aluminum with a steel core. They are quite accurate, yet weigh little more than the sporter barrel. Cabelas carries them.

5. algebra1

algebra1 Member

I have a 10/22 all decked out Fajen thumbhole stock ,Mid-way bull target barrel and volquartsen target trigger.$475 plus shipping.

6. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

rimfire central.com has all the 10-22 info you can imagine, and then some.

I have shot Volq, GreenMountain and Lilja barrels, buy Green Mountain and spend the $ differnce on finding hte ammo it shoots the tightest.

I had 1 GM stainless bbl that would not shoot under 1" at 50yds, sent it back to them with several targets and a note. They replaced it with a barrel that is scary accurate. With cheap ammo, it will shoot 1/2 groups. That is as good as I am.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Green Mountain makes a good product. In fact, they make a #2 and a #3 weight octagon .17 HMR barrel for Winchester 1885 Single Shot actions. I'm looking for a competent gunsmith who can thread one and mate it to my action.

8. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

Do the aluminum barrels cool off quicker than the standard bull barrels? I see shooters Ridge has some decent priced barrels but I haven't heard much about them.

9. bill2

bill2 Member

Benelli, you have a P.M. Bill2

10. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

If anyone has a plain jane synthetic stock for a 10/22 regular bbl that they would like to get rid of please pm me.

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have a tactical solutions barrel on my 22lr AR15 upper. I pick off those nasty orange backstop rats @ 100 yards with a cheap tasco red dot all day long.

I am not a rifle shooter but shooting 50 yards @ paper got pretty dull with this gun. my skills got me into the 1" range. thats when I got bored and shot the orange rats @ 100 yards

12. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

just buy green mt. best value out there 4 a great bbl, i dont like tac solutions , if u go lightweight look at kidd or vol. carbon. if u buy a trigger save and get kidd.

13. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Mash on the link above for the very best 10/22 target accessories available.... Tony Kidd has outstanding barrels, and even better triggers.... Just my opinion.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

14. wyoshooter

wyoshooter Member

remstar you have a pm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.