Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rude shooters

6K views 66 replies 47 participants last post by  Spanky 
#1 ·
Can someone please Tell me why some Trap shooters are so nice and then you have others who are down right ignorant. I started shooting at three different clubs. Two of them are some of the friendliest people but this third one the people are just ignorant. They see you are new and won't even say hello and when you do say hello they seem to want to just get it over with and go about their business. Today I was struggling with hitting the target, after the round was over I said to one guy I had finely figured out what I was doing wrong and before I could say another word this guy says to me yea you need to drop 75 pounds and push your self back from the table like he had room to talk and when he saw I didn't appreciate the comment he tried to play it off and started telling other people the same thing and that he didn't mean to hurt any one. Am I being to thin skinned or is this just rude shooters?
Pete

#56 ·
Don't be to hard on Bigdon, he has always been this way and always will be.

We were talking in the barber shop about joking with people. There were 4 of us. The barber, one in the chair and two waiting. I said Jim I know you and what you think is funny. You sir in the chair I don't know. What Jim and myself might think is funny you might take afence(sp) to it. The third person could go either way.

I think we all have said a joke and all laughed and at time had one person get pissed off at it. The samething when new people come to a club. No one knows each other and you need to just get to know them before you start joking around.

Its hard here on TS.com to really know what a person here is truly trying to say. We read words here but not hear the tone, volume and not see the faces of the person saying something. I know alot of people here and know when they are joking and I know those who are not joking. There are some who just want to be a pain in the a$$.

#57 ·
like in life you never know what you are going to run into. shooters are people, some good, some bad, most are good hard working nice people. when i first started shooting in 1970, the very first day i went to a gun club, an old timer asked me what shooting sport was i going to shoot, skeet or trap? i asked him what was the difference? he said trapshooting is usualyy shot by average everyday people. the shoots are well attended, and if you don't like someone, there are usually enough people at a shoot that you do not have to deal with them. i than asked about skeet, he said few people shoot skeet, usually they are well to do, professional types. they drive up usually in a big expensive car, and wear silk underwear. he says if you don't like one of them, not much you can do, because there are fewer people who shoot skeet and you can't get away from them. as we all know, both scenarios are not true, but it shows how some of the shooters were even back in 1970. alot of clubs have clicks, not every club has the type of people that you may want to associate with. pick the clubs you like, stay away from the clubs you don't like for some reason or another.
steve balistreri

#59 ·
Shooting at a gun club is not all just socializing, shooting, and figuring out who the a-holes are. Sometimes there is work to do. In my opinion, the guys who are doing the work will wait to welcome a new member until the new member shows whether he is willing to pitch in. Once the new member has pitched in, the other workers look at him in an entirely different light. We have a member who has some annoying mannerisms while shooting and has been reminded a couple of times about proper gun handling. No one cared much for him and avoided shooting with him. However, on a few work days, he performed well above his apparent physical ability and also did a nasty project on his own outside of the work day schedule. We now look at him a bit differently and overlook some of his annoying mannerisms. Of course, I admit, an a-hole is an a-hole and should be challenged on it. Yup, give him a piece of his own medicine.

#62 ·
I re-read the original post. I must admit I could be slightly out of line in my post also. #1 I'm no Slim Jim. I could stand to loose some weight also regardless of whether I carry it pretty good and the fact that I'm pretty active. Me making weight problem comments ain't happening. I rather poke fun at myself with that. But, busting some guys balls you don't even know about his weight when that guy running his gums hasn't seen his own Johnson since he was 9 years old. What a tool bag. bakergun, regardless of your weight issue (if there is one) you should have been right back at him. Go back next week and shoot. Shoot better (you probably will). Than tell the guy you dropped a few pounds and thank him for the advise. He'll know where you're coming from.

#63 ·
Regarding BIGDON, I would echo what Biff said about him. Someone else mentioned he was a lawyer. I'm not sure he has 'lawyer' in his list of credentials but I do know, however, he's an excellent insurance professional and a successful businessman. I too consider him a friend.

When I think about Don and his opinions he often expresses, I can't help but remember the following quotation: ""You don't have to guess what I'm against, If you know what I'm for"". Probably wouldn't hurt if we all tried to live by this credo.

Cliff

#64 ·
BIGDON invited me to shoot with him on my first ATA shoot at Mason some time back. Even though I was the worlds biggest Troll at the time, Don made me feel like I had a home with the ATA. He's one of the finest gentleman that you will ever meet.

#66 ·
I know I don't have a problem with BIGDON. I'd more than likely would like the guy if I knew him. But, like BIGDON I speak my own mind, more like tell it like it is, tell it like I see it. I'm not aware that I'm disliked. If I am, I don't give a ****. It might only be by a few and most of them would be a family members of some degree.

I will agree with you guys about this, this is not an issue about BIGDON. Not his original post.

This post is an issue of rudeness at the club. I just feel that bakergun didn't need that said to him. Especially when the guy who did it was a fat bast**d himself and not a poster child for fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.